Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone ever heard of a Scubapro gold plated orifice?

This is from a guy selling them:
- The original chrome brass and the upgraded gold plated brass.
They are not common but show up every now and then when I open up a G250.

Can't say I have noticed any difference in performance with the gold orifice. I don't know the reason they were made, perhaps others will have knowledge.

Can't say I have noticed any difference in performance with the gold orifice. I don't know the reason they were made, perhaps others will have knowledge.
I have two of those, didn’t know gold was involved, thought it was bare brass.

That’s what I thought until I read what the seller mentioned, but then when I looked at my gold orifice you would think that if is was brass it would have been tarnish by now.

Yes, they are gold plated. They were upgraded (yeah right) to white Delrin in some bulletin (I'll have to look for that later.)

I've had the same experiences with them as @Kupu

The only Delrin I’ve seen is the one that came with my BA CE 1995... looking through drawings I can’t find another. The gold plated nowhere to be found unless they never changed PN.

Here is the bulletin.

Attachments

• 252 - NEW 2ND STAGE ADJUSTMENT ORIFICE.PDF
    9.2 KB · Views: 95
So this look like an upgrade from the Delrin BA 11-195-110 also. I’ll have to find one for fun.

Thanks for sharing.

Here is the bulletin.
“This new orifice is a high strength thermoplastic, lighter in weight, impervious to corrosion and much more resistant to damage and nicks caused by improper handling”.
Uuuuummmmm.......I’ll just keep my gold but thanks, lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom