Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just use a “T” and nipple a valve in should do it.
I have something like that on a T, it does give me some adjustability. But I was thinking with a three-way valve I can get total adjustability from 0 to 20 CFM. Not sure what do you think?

I have something like that on a T, it does give me some adjustability. But I was thinking with a three-way valve I can get total adjustability from 0 to 20 CFM. Not sure what do you think?
I don’t really know about that there are some 3 way (maybe 4 way) out there just don’t know if they would work in this application. Look at pool valves for a verity of options.

Just use a “T” and nipple a valve in should do it.
What he said.
Screenshot_20200414-192556_Home Depot.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-192528_Home Depot.jpg

I don’t think that setup makes a 3-way flow valve. It’s a tee with a bleed off. I’m thinking with a three way valve you will be able to divert flow not simply bleed it off. Which will give you full control of the CFM through the flowmeter without using the dimmer control which really only reduces the vacuum maybe 20%, before the motor current exceeds the rating of the dimmer, unless you have a 1000 watt dimmer and that still may not be enough to run the motor at lower speeds. Just my thoughts.

Scrap the idea ball valve doesn’t work well three-way or not it’s more of an on off valve limited throttling.. exploring different valve ideas.

The vacuum is such a great idea, thanks Rob you've saved me many trips to my LDS.

Scrap the idea ball valve doesn’t work well three-way or not it’s more of an on off valve limited throttling.. exploring different valve ideas.

The vacuum is such a great idea, thanks Rob you've saved me many trips to my LDS.
Try porting down to a smaller ball valve

I’ll give that a shot... I have to wait for the hardware stores to open they’re all closed.

About ready to pull my bathroom faucet apart and use it as a mixing valve. Lol

Ended up finding a couple at Home Depot ordered online, turns out mine was too small a larger one seems to work perfectly. Thanks

Ended up finding a couple at Home Depot ordered online, turns out mine was too small a larger one seems to work perfectly. Thanks
Refresh my memory. Are we talking about the plumbing connecting a shop vac to the regulator second stage? If you can post pictures and a bill of materials that would be ace.

TIA,

Couv

I do the same thing. Great way to save on air for dynamic flow measurements, compared with the Venturi vacuum generator in the Regulator Savvy/ScubaTools model. Just hook a small vac (I use a cheap tiny model Home Depot shop vac) to the top of the rotameter, and you've easily got 20SCFM flow to test with. A little noisy, but in my experience, no less noisy than that Venturi vacuum, which blows through an AL80 in a couple of minutes. You can see the old 1/4" copper line which used to feed the Venturi, disconnected at the top of the rotameter.
View attachment 580169
View attachment 580170
The vacuum is on a dimmer switch, which makes it easy to change suck, and I added an air bleed (the orange valve) at the top for fine tuning of suction, especially at low flows. With the vacuum tucked out of sight under the table, and inside a box, noise is pretty minimal.

@rsingler How about a shot 90 degrees from the picture you have above. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom