Scubapro C370 faceplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What makes it worse is the fact that the first gen S600 suffered from the same design issue, as mentioned by axxel57 earlier.
I always assumed that was a factor when SP changed the S600 faceplate design, but then they come back and do it again years later on the C370.

It's a very common failing.

Attachments

• 20231105_144105.jpg
    20231105_144105.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231105_143815.jpg
    20231105_143815.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 38
You should plug those rivet holes with RTV Silicone, to keep sand out. ⏳

• Funny
Reactions: L13
Follow up.

So I ordered a replacement faceplate through Jupiter Dive Center in FL, a very active Scubapro dealer. It came in within just a few days and was set aside for my next visit. I showed up and Gerry, the owner, tells me he has the faceplate but is not going to install it because the left side of the steel decorative piece was already sprung out of the upper hole when it arrived. Of course, this was disappointing and illustrates the poor design and/or manufacturing of this piece. Confidentially, Gerry told me that I was not the first to complain about this defect. The problem is that the bend in the top of the steel piece is insecure and pops out of its hole. It is then loose, and able to catch on items to be bent.

Gerry just took the decorative steel piece off the regulator for me. Not sure if I will replace it or not. As a Scubapro customer since 1972, I'm very disappointed in the quality of this product and in the response from Scubapro. They must know that this is a defect. This is otherwise a fantastic regulator.

View attachment 809303
Keep it as it is now!
I like beaten-up regs (or equipment, in general, or offroad motorbikes).
They tell an history...
I agree, indeed, that it is a poorly designed cover.
The G250, instead....

Silly me.

Will a difference faceplate fit them?

Will a difference faceplate fit them?
I don't know, and don't really care. It's a perfectly good regulator and removing the decorative steel piece has taken care of the snagging problem. Scubapro just fell a notch in my book for customer service. I've been a customer since my MK5/109 in 1972. My family of 4 has 8 Scubapro reg sets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom