Scubapro C370 faceplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very disappointed that the decorative metal trim on my C370 caught on something and bent up. Of course, this could not happen on my S600
View attachment 802763

Given it's not a true rivet you should be able to remove trim, straighten and re assemble. You can bend tabs shown in my photo.

Same thing can happen with the S620s as there is nothing holding the outside part of the chrome trim. My primary has one side starting to come up. I bet something got caught on the edge when in the rinse tank.

The small order I have has been held up due to one item being on back order. If you need/want me to order you a face plate just let me know.

Follow up.

So I ordered a replacement faceplate through Jupiter Dive Center in FL, a very active Scubapro dealer. It came in within just a few days and was set aside for my next visit. I showed up and Gerry, the owner, tells me he has the faceplate but is not going to install it because the left side of the steel decorative piece was already sprung out of the upper hole when it arrived. Of course, this was disappointing and illustrates the poor design and/or manufacturing of this piece. Confidentially, Gerry told me that I was not the first to complain about this defect. The problem is that the bend in the top of the steel piece is insecure and pops out of its hole. It is then loose, and able to catch on items to be bent.

Gerry just took the decorative steel piece off the regulator for me. Not sure if I will replace it or not. As a Scubapro customer since 1972, I'm very disappointed in the quality of this product and in the response from Scubapro. They must know that this is a defect. This is otherwise a fantastic regulator.

1699213568320.png

Back
Top Bottom