Scubapro 108HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IIRC, there is a lever with nylon tabs (half a ball) in the feet...

@Open Ocean Diver

I'm going to attach a "how to service a 108" document someone put together from posts made by @DA Aquamaster or @halocline or perhaps someone I owe an apology to for not remembering. I think you'll find it helpful. I'll also attach a note from an AIR 2 document that explains shimming the spring with a washer. The washer goes between the stem and the spring.

AIR 2-2  weak demand spring note.PNG

Attachments

• Scubapro 108 High Performance.docx
    15.7 KB · Views: 85
I have an early 108 and I like it a lot. It is simple and robust. I can't imagine a regulator with a more straightforward design using fewer components.

I see the Scubapro 108 and 080 are often listed together. Is there any difference between the 108 and the 080? Is it just a Scubapro nomenclature thing?

Also, my 108 has the fixed venturi, but it also has the large exhaust valve and oblong flange. Was this common? An interim design?

@Open Ocean Diver

I'm going to attach a "how to service a 108" document someone put together from posts made by @DA Aquamaster or @halocline or perhaps someone I owe an apology to for not remembering. I think you'll find it helpful. I'll also attach a note from an AIR 2 document that explains shimming the spring with a washer. The washer goes between the stem and the spring.

View attachment 599476
Thank you very much very helpful happy to have this in my document library. So I followed the procedure and I have it cracking now at .7

Looking at the diagram below where would I install the washer?

upload_2020-7-21_9-7-33.jpeg

I have an early 108 and I like it a lot. It is simple and robust. I can't imagine a regulator with a more straightforward design using fewer components.

I see the Scubapro 108 and 080 are often listed together. Is there any difference between the 108 and the 080? Is it just a Scubapro nomenclature thing?

Also, my 108 has the fixed venturi, but it also has the large exhaust valve and oblong flange. Was this common? An interim design?

From my understanding there was108 and 108 HP (080) high-performance which included an adjustable orifice making it a 2 adjustment downstream valve. The HP... only has two O-rings.

Mine has the same exhaust valve as the 109 adjustable.

My understanding was the old fixed orifice 108's had a smaller exhaust valve with a circular flange.

No, I'm afraid not. As you've probably discovered, information about the 108 is kind of sketchy and scattered.

No, I'm afraid not. As you've probably discovered, information about the 108 is kind of sketchy and scattered.
Which one do you have?

Back
Top Bottom