Scubapro 108HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all hoping someone can help me out here.

looking at the schematic for the 108 HP there’s a part that’s called insert housing 21-080-121, I think I’m missing this part from mine. I have the nut, plastic washer, lever and poppet.

Any idea what this part is?

Thanks,

The Housing Insert is a small plastic bit that sits under the lever feet. It is broached square, and the two wings on the side fit into the housing slots. This enables you to adjust the nut on the poppet without having the poppet rotate in the housing. Without it, the lever fulcrum will be the housing itself, which will seat the lever slightly deeper in the housing. It will also be more prone to catch as a metal to metal contact. Finally, adjusting without it will be quite difficult since the poppet does not have a small screwdriver slot, as I recall. lf there is a screwdriver slot, then it's not a big deal, except for the added friction under the lever.

You can still get the part, because it's used in the Air2.
2020-07-19.png

The inlet tube is square, I guess I’m missing a part. The cracking effort is so low thought I had a weak spring, so I replaced but no help.

upload_2020-7-19_21-20-52.jpeg

Maybe not. The Housing Insert takes a round hole and adds a square broach. Yours appears to already be built in.
Can one of the 108 experts chime in?
@couv @Luis H @herman

Had to go back to my oldest schematic. You have great chrome for such an early model.
Configuration 2 from ?1979? came without the insert, like yours. Looks like a straight 108, rather than the High Performance.
108.jpg

Had to go back to my oldest schematic. You have great chrome for such an early model.
Configuration 2 from ?1979? came without the insert, like yours. Looks like a straight 108, rather than the High Performance.
View attachment 599246
Thanks one drawing I was missing.

Whoever had it before me either took really good care of it or never used it, doesn’t have a single scratch.

I just can’t get it to crack at the manufactures specs. I have the nut on exposing 1 or 2 threads, to get it to crack at say 1 the lever is to low and I end up with low purge flow.

Yep, 108, not 108HP. The 108 had a fixed seat, and the 108HP has a removable orifice like the 109/156

I wonder if this is a mismatched reg. 108 case with a HP demand valve body and adjustable orifice?

Back
Top Bottom