Scubapro 108HP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it a SP seat? If not the correct thickness, it will be a challenge to tune it...

Seat is from VDH, it appears almost a 1 mm thicker I made a softer material.

According to the two drawings I have would indicate the cases is a standard 108 with an HP orifice setup. Were you able to upgrade the 108’s back in the day?

I have also run into 2 different length orifices....

So it looks like this one was a standard 108 and somebody converted it to an HP.

The HP drawing shows the rubber cover is the same as the BA, however this one has the 108 rubber cover with the HP demand valve body and orifice. Hmmm

Does anyone know if this was a conversion that was accepted by SP?

I don't recall ever seeing an "upgrade" option...

@Luis H

The ScubaPro Regulator Timeline would have been a great resource, but alas they (SP) have claimed it and killed it..

I see the conversion kits for the adjustable but I don’t see any for the 108.

The 109- to-156 conversion kits were to make it balanced, a then significant development which became a standard in production.....

I don't remember the timeline, but later on, the G200 could similarly be made a G200B (new poppet, spring and balance chamber), and either of these could also be made into a G250 with an air barrel swap also (tunable externally).

This was the amazing 108-109-G200-G200B-G250(various) design, and later on the G250HP, S555/S600 design, all based on the barrel poppet.

108-108HP-??? (there are later generations, but I don't know them - I always had 109 and variants) is a whole different design, and always unbalanced. R-somethings...

@Open Ocean Diver Your 108 does not require the insert.

So it looks like this one was a standard 108 and somebody converted it to an HP.

That was not unheard of and probably a good idea.

Does anyone know if this was a conversion that was accepted by SP?
I don't know.

Some of the earlier 108s had a different lever, diaphragm, and diaphragm cover. The important thing is lever height. If the diaphragm sits just on top of the lever-or just a tad above it, you should be good. Add another washer to the stem, that should solve your low spring tension issue.

@Open Ocean Diver Your 108 does not require the insert.

That was not unheard of and probably a good idea.

I don't know.

Some of the earlier 108s had a different lever, diaphragm, and diaphragm cover. The important thing is lever height. If the diaphragm sits just on top of the lever-or just a tad above it, you should be good. Add another washer to the stem, that should solve your low spring tension issue.
Thanks will give it a try I ordered some nylon washers should be here tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom