ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds really interesting. I have never really done any drift dives if that's what this is, however. Should I be concerned? In other words, what level of experience would be recommended for these dives? Thanks.
No you should NOT be concerned.
Drift diving IMO is some of the easiest dive you can do.
Any certified diver can do it.
Here is a video of divers drifting in Cozumel and what you might see on a drift dive.

This sounds really interesting. I have never really done any drift dives if that's what this is, however. Should I be concerned? In other words, what level of experience would be recommended for these dives? Thanks.
Rob, all of the boat dives are drift dives.

I haven't been out with Dive Paradise, but when I went with Pro Dive ...
Jump in and drift along with the group, more or less with the DM. DM will shoot a DSMB for the safety stop hang. When you are good to surface the boat will pick you up.

Most important. Remember which operator and which boat is yours so if it is the wrong boat, they can hail yours! :wink:

It is less scary than it sounds. :cool:

However, if you do a night dive, be sure to keep your DM/group identified. Whe I did my first one there, the other group from our boat drifted right through our group and I wasn't sure who was who and which group to stay with. o_O

Cool. I'm onboard for the sunrise dives on Friday then. Is someone coordinating those? Or are people just calling the shop that's hosting it?

Crew members can do whatever they choose to do on Friday, nothing is planned except the Farewell Party.
The dive shop is across the street and you could add over whatever you choose to do, no need to call.
Here is a video show how long it take to get to the boats from your room.
You can also take the tunnel under the road to get there.

I am curious about the Sat 1 tank check out dive.
I have dived Coz several times, but my one experience with a shore dive on Coz was "exciting", to say the least.
What are the typical, or unusual conditions at this resort for a shore dive?
Seriously.
In my log book the single shortest dive that I have ever logged was the 3 minute, 10 foot shore dive that I attempted on Cozumel, quite a few years back now.

Picture stepping off the Sunway platform, just as an express train comes through. That was my single scariest dive, ever.
I clawed my way across the sand on the bottom, just to get back to my entry point.

I do not mean to scare anyone, but Coz current close to shore, in some areas, can be impressive.

Crew members can do whatever they choose to do on Friday, nothing is planned except the Farewell Party.
The dive shop is across the street and you could add over whatever you choose to do, no need to call.
Here is a video show how long it take to get to the boats from your room.
You can also take the tunnel under the road to get there.
Man, that video is making want to return to Coz right now!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom