ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The secret of drift diving is to relax, stay together and do not try to fight the current.
There are always "pools" and "eddies" in the current near the bottom and behind ledges, where you can slow or stop, and poke around, but the rest of the dive is "just going with the flow" and enjoy the ride.

Question: What thickness wetsuit do you recommend? I usually dive cold water (California), so I normally use a drysuit. And just for reference, I like to keep my pool heated to about 90-92F. :)

Question: What thickness wetsuit do you recommend? I usually dive cold water (California), so I normally use a drysuit. And just for reference, I like to keep my pool heated to about 90-92F. :)
Avg Water Temp in Coz in June is 83. I wear a dive skin to dive in. However wetsuit for warmth is a very personal thing.

Last April in Roatan, water temps were 80° and my wife I and I both wore swim suits plus a rash guard. We stayed plenty warm. We will take skins with us to Coz this year, but if the water is as warm as Dennis says above, then we may very well do the same thing this year as last.

3mm is recommended if you go to Cenotes.

Unfortunately, I may end up having to bail on the trip. I'm the lead IT guy for an EMS 911 dispatch center and a project may slide into this time window because of all the dang supply chain challenges going on. It was originally scheduled for 6 months ago. Ugh. Was really looking forward to meeting a bunch of you. Wish I was retired...

Unfortunately, I may end up having to bail on the trip. I'm the lead IT guy for an EMS 911 dispatch center and a project may slide into this time window because of all the dang supply chain challenges going on. It was originally scheduled for 6 months ago. Ugh. Was really looking forward to meeting a bunch of you. Wish I was retired...
Think positive, the supply chain is something everyone needs a crystal ball to even make a guess on.

Or things are so backed up that ducking out for a week in June isn't going to be a problem either ... :oops:

Still hoping to dive with you ... will keep fingers crossed.

Typically or what is the recommended arrival / departure flight dates and time. We may come through... 83F definely sounds like vacation water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom