ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Paradise, our host Dive Op in Cozumel is also on the mainland. They will run the Cenotes excursion.
The Cenote guides are Full cave certified that will be leading us.
Thank you. Simplifies (hopefully) getting some detail questions answered.

Is anyone that has before stayed at the Hotel Cozumel & Resort and utilized the services of Paradise Divers able to answer the following questions:

Based on available online videos of Dive Paradise’s facility the scuba storage lockers appear to be quite small, OK for overnight storage of mask, fins, boots, and regulator setup, but not large enough to accommodate the hanging of a wetsuit and BCD. Near the lockers are poles shaped like an upside-down L upon which wetsuits and BCDs were hung to dry, but the poles did not look to be in an area secured for overnight storage. Is there a secured area for overnight storage of wetsuits and BCDs?

Looking at online videos of the Hotel Cozumel & Resort standard rooms, which I assume we will be occupying, I see scuba gear hung on racks or pegs of the room balcony. Is this where divers typically store their dive gear overnight, as opposed to Paradise Diver’s facility?

Is anyone that has before stayed at the Hotel Cozumel & Resort and utilized the services of Paradise Divers able to answer the following questions:

Based on available online videos of Dive Paradise’s facility the scuba storage lockers appear to be quite small, OK for overnight storage of mask, fins, boots, and regulator setup, but not large enough to accommodate the hanging of a wetsuit and BCD. Near the lockers are poles shaped like an upside-down L upon which wetsuits and BCDs were hung to dry, but the poles did not look to be in an area secured for overnight storage. Is there a secured area for overnight storage of wetsuits and BCDs?

Looking at online videos of the Hotel Cozumel & Resort standard rooms, which I assume we will be occupying, I see scuba gear hung on racks or pegs of the room balcony. Is this where divers typically store their dive gear overnight, as opposed to Paradise Diver’s facility?
The lockers may look small on the videos but they are DEEP enough to to store everything including your BCD.
I have actually store both my wife and my gear in 1 lockers. that would be 2 bcds,2 sets of fins,2 masks. Will they dry NO, my BCD never gets dry until the final day.
Things we want to dry we take back to the room and use the balcony. Then we wear them down to the boat the next morning. We will be using dive skins since the water will be warm enough for us.
We also always take our regs and computers back with us to the room.

The racks by the rinse tank great to hang stuff on to dry between dive. However as you noted it is not secure for overnight storage.

I hope this answers your questions

The lockers may look small on the videos but they are DEEP enough to to store everything including your BCD.
I have actually store both my wife and my gear in 1 lockers. that would be 2 bcds,2 sets of fins,2 masks. Will they dry NO, my BCD never gets dry until the final day.
Things we want to dry we take back to the room and use the balcony. Then we wear them down to the boat the next morning. We will be using dive skins since the water will be warm enough for us.
We also always take our regs and computers back with us to the room.

Quick question - to use these storage lockers, do you need to bring your own lock? First time for us, so a lot of this is new. :)

No locks needed, you will get keys upon checking in.
Pretty standard at the places I've been - anything you're really worried about being stolen - take to your room - standard items left in the provided locker (with the dive OPs lock) is usually fairly safe.

Don't forget your favorite mosquito repellent. They do have some great stuff down there if you do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom