ScubaBoard Censorship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the classifieds, I'm tired of seeing people trying to get top dollar for used gear.
:homealone: They WHAT??? :homealone:
Curse those capitalistic imperial dogs!

I feel that we should allow people to comment stating what the new selling price is, warranty issues and what would be a fair trade price for fellow Sbers. Let the sellers pay and take their chances on Ebay if they don't like what their peers have to say. This would protect fellow SB users and promote a community that takes care of each other.
A quick perusal of the classifieds section can tell you market price of most of these items. A cyber trot over to one of our many fine E-Tailers that are advertising with us will do the same. The market place is already fraught with reported posts and other issues and opening things up would make it unduly hard on the mods. Of course, they could always start a discussion in the open forum about the best price for a ____________.
In the Manufacturers sections what I've noticed is some manufacturers reps seem a lot smarter than others.
We're gonna have to agree on this one.
It is my opinion that the present TOS for that section is far to protective of the manufacturer and not protective of the general SB user.What's needed is a TOS that allows enough discussion to assure the SB users ability to gauge the true qualities of that manufacturer.
Are you on a different Board or something? There are plenty of places to pose those types of "hard hitting" questions, but the Manufacturer's forums are probably not the place to do it. One has to wonder WHY we are the only forum that has this kind of acceptance among manufacturers AND agencies? Yeah, we bend over backwards to make them feel welcome and to keep POV warriors from trying to torpedo their efforts to communicate with everyone. Our manufacturer's forums are one of the many things that set us apart from the petite boards.

My mistake (not the first in this thread). I thought you were responding as a mod. My apologies. I'll just shut up now. :blush:

You thought I was responding as a moderator because my user ID is in red, isn't that right?

I have always (well as long as I have been a member here) thought that using red as a color for supporting members is misleading.

Especially since red is often used to designate admins and sometimes moderators on many other internet forums.

Green
might be a better choice.

You thought I was responding as a moderator because my user ID is in red, isn't that right?

I have always (well as long as I have been a member here) thought that using red as a color for supporting members is misleading.

Especially since red is often used to designate admins and sometimes moderators on many other internet forums.

Green
might be a better choice.
Actually, you going red keeps us green! :D

Who mods NetDoc?

Who mods NetDoc?
I am probably the most moderated person on ScubaBoard. I have even had Advisors ask that I go diving for a few days and stay away from ScubaBoard. Right or wrong, I don't complain and keep on having fun.

My mistake (not the first in this thread). I thought you were responding as a mod. My apologies. I'll just shut up now. :blush:

Mod's are usually identified with the green titles, but not all of us choose to display that. For a list of SB Staff members you can look here: ScubaBoard - Who's Who on SB?

Who mods NetDoc?

Any of the moderators can. He's subject to the same rules every other user is. I've personally deleted several of his posts that I felt were out of line. But don't tell him, because he hasn't missed them yet!

I am probably the most moderated person on ScubaBoard. I have even had Advisors ask that I go diving for a few days and stay away from ScubaBoard. Right or wrong, I don't complain and keep on having fun.

:rofl3:

. . . having fun by 'keeping on', or by going diving? :rofl3: :rofl3: :kiss2:

This board has many things to offer. Education, entertainment, travel tips and advisories, dive buddy locator, bulletin board for meetings and on and on.

Price of admission? $.00, Zip, nil, nada, nothing.

Folks spend hours a day on here for FREE. Sure, there are ads on here if you don't buy the admission ticket. The admission ticket price is cheap for what you get.

The mods here are not paid for their services. It is a labor of love to keep this place up and running. Mostly it is a thankless job.

HEY MODS - THANKS!!

Sure, they make unpopular decisions, but they are based on the TOS. Just keeping it friendly and fair. Sponsors help pay the bills. They shouldn't have to take crap from disgruntled members. They spend money to make money. We get to play because of it.

HEY SPONSORS - THANKS.

The Admin does a good job keeping things up and running. The techno geeks keep the software up and running.

HEY ADMIN - THANKS!!

Censored? No Moderated - Yes.

Yeah, I don't know why NetDoc goes on like he does. No one ever complains about the mods . . . :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom