ScubaBoard Censorship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is so much good information here and is such a great thing for young and old divers alike. If Net Doc and his crew have to MOD posts for what ever reason they see fit, so be it, its their site.

The bottom line is Im still getting all this great information for free and will continue to do so. That is until they start posting subliminal messages to take over the world. ...Thanks ND and thanks Scuba Board.

There is so much good information here and is such a great thing for young and old divers alike. If Net Doc and his crew have to MOD posts for what ever reason they see fit, so be it, its their site.

The bottom line is Im still getting all this great information for free and will continue to do so. That is until they start posting subliminal messages to take over the world. ...Thanks ND and thanks Scuba Board.

Don't forget you can become a supporting member in order to offset SB's bandwith requirements, etc.

If Net Doc and his crew have to MOD posts for what ever reason they see fit, so be it, its their site.
Well, right off the bat, it is not their site, and there is enough criticism about about censorship, deleted threads and the like here, that I submit that there is good reason to question the mods about their methods. Maybe you are fine assuming that they know what's best for you, the rest of us aren't and will continue to fight to make sure that board users (you included) are treated like adults.

That being said, this is an extremely active forum, and the mods undoubtably have their hands full running it. I have had threads locked here and to the mod's credit, after I (and others) have posted arguments in favor of unlocking them, they have been reopened.

Thanks for all of the great replies. I think I know why it was taken down now, because it was in a manufacturers forum and they can take it down if they want to. To the guy that said it's a private site and not subject to the first ammendment of course it's not!! That doesn't mean that censorship is acceptable just because they aren't forced to allow my comments. SB is a great site, I enjoy learning here and appreciate it being free, doesn't mean I have to "go somewhere else" because I have a question about censorship... And btw, the post that was taken down was respectful, one problem with censorship is that since it's gone the communtiy can't decide for themselves.

Thanks. I am not particularily hard to please and usually spend hours on-line with SHow you guys keep 130K members and the vast array of manufactures and organizations within the scuba diving world happy should be the subject of a Harvard Business School case study in the future. :)
That we do all this AND stay broke is a phenomenon in and of itself! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Well, right off the bat, it is not their site,
Wow... and here I thought I owned it!
and there is enough criticism about about censorship, deleted threads and the like here,
Which somehow almost never seem to be deleted.
that I submit that there is good reason to question the mods about their methods.
Sure. We learn from our mistakes and we don't mind admitting them.
Maybe you are fine assuming that they know what's best for you, the rest of us aren't and will continue to fight to make sure that board users (you included) are treated like adults.
While I and the mod squad continue to fight to make sure that our users ACT like adults so we can treat them as such! :D
That being said, this is an extremely active forum, and the mods undoubtably have their hands full running it. I have had threads locked here and to the mod's credit, after I (and others) have posted arguments in favor of unlocking them, they have been reopened.
For some of us, it's a full time job. Not for me... but I am sure there is someone somewhere making a living off of this. ::idk:

Don't forget you can become a supporting member in order to offset SB's bandwith requirements, etc.
Forget what I said before. You: I like! :D Is there anyone you want me to ban or censor? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

OK, present company excepted. :blush:
No worries...

In actuality, while I own the Domain and the company which runs this site, I don't own the community. I see myself as more of a guardian or steward of ScubaBoard while many have much more colorful names for my position. :D

No worries...

In actuality, while I own the Domain and the company which runs this site, I don't own the community. I see myself as more of a guardian or steward of ScubaBoard while many have much more colorful names for my position. :D
I was referring to the Mods as a group. While you own the site, there are others also responsible for controlling content who do not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom