Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The term "confidential communication" includes any
communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate
that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the
parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public
gathering
or in any legislative, judicial, executive or
administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other
circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably
expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded

Question: are there closed circuit security cameras in SSA?

An update: I am happy to report that my dispute with the credit card company went my way and they have refunded me the full amount. Merry Christmas to me!!! :santasmile:

Lina...congrats...way to stick with it...many people would (have) just walked on and allowed Rusty to win...

so does the CC company now take any action against SSA or does rusty keep the money?

The CC company will go after him for the money since it's not his to keep.

Thats only if the judgement stands... this can be a long complicated process.. in the end if he can prove he rendered services, and provide reasonable papework he will get to keep alot of the money and the charges will be reversed back to you including interest (especially if the gear is not in his possession) .. if he can't prove his case, (i doubt he cant prove something of it) then it would stand as is... I do know merchants that have had these types of disputes, and since alot of time has passed and now the mechandise is worth less to the retailer he probably will be able to keep a good sum of money.. usually if the claiment is trying a full refund instead of what just should be adjusted (same goes for the defendent) the CC companies usually will side with the one that hasnt claimed more than it should (assuming a cmpromise is not reached)

even if the CC agrees with you, he is then free to pursue you in small claims court,, and possibly get a judgement against you (just as you could do i the CC ultimate sides for him)

Hey Lina,

Was that for the whole amount or just the class?

John

They refunded me the full amount for the equipment that falls under what was originally supposed to be refundable plus the unused boat trips that he had added on and then refused to resell on my behalf. And all that is stated in their own "written guarantee." I proved to the CC that I held up my end of that agreement and it was them who were not adhering to it and changing it in order to deny my refund.

Padi,

I am more than willing to return the equipment once that agreement has been made with SSA and I have no problems doing that. The CC company doesn't just automatically issue a refund, they did investigate the matter and I gave them plenty of evidence on my behalf. He can sue me for the money, but I have no doubts I'd win in court. Their best bet right now is to come to an agreement with me, have me return all their equipment and just settle this. It would also be the fair thing to do, but we all know Rusty doesn't play fair.

I've been told that on average a happy customer tells four others about their experience, but an unhappy customer tells 11 others about their experience. I suspect that the internet amplifies this. Rusty and SSA have lost way, way, more than they could possibly have gained.

I've been told that on average a happy customer tells four others about their experience, but an unhappy customer tells 11 others about their experience. I suspect that the internet amplifies this. Rusty and SSA have lost way, way, more than they could possibly have gained.

If he is suckering in one or two people a month for $8,000 he is probably still doing ok.

If he is suckering in one or two people a month for $8,000 he is probably still doing ok.

With all the overhead, I'd think he needs to sucker in much more than that. 8k probably doesn't even cover the rent (assuming he doesn't own).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom