Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(It's all how you look at it. I'd like to buy a mask without lenses.)

I've got one I'll sell you. :D

I'm all for that. If I could get 20% off the price of a mask, I'd have more money to spend on the prescription lenses. (It's all how you look at it. I'd like to buy a mask without lenses.)

I just assumed a shrewd businessman like Rusty would sell the lensless mask for the same price and simply charge extra for each of the lenses and the strap. After all, your way benefits the consumer too much and that seems to go against his company objective.

An update: I am happy to report that my dispute with the credit card company went my way and they have refunded me the full amount. Merry Christmas to me!!! :santasmile:

Merry Christmas to you indeed.

You still plan to get certified? I really hope you still give it a shot with a real instructor. Just ask around on here and you'll get all the help and advice that you need.

You still plan to get certified? I really hope you still give it a shot with a real instructor. Just ask around on here and you'll get all the help and advice that you need.

@ Lina77

I remember on a previous post you indicated that you had spoken with Joe from Sport Chalet. He's a super cool guy and definitely someone you should consider if you do end up deciding to re-pursue SCUBA. He legitamately cares about your experience, and he's a totally honest, non-pushy salesman...plus he has a keen sense of "fair" and will readily go above-and-beyond in a situation that warrants it.

Thank you all...I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I'd like to eventually give it another try when I feel more comfortable about going back out there, which will have to wait till warmer waters. Thank you all for your advice and support. I hope this post will help others avoid the dirty sales way of rusty berry.

Doug, I haven't spoken to Joe, but I'll keep him in mind. :c)

Back
Top Bottom