Scuba Limericks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I've been reading it the whole time and I love it, I'm just no good at limericks :blush: A couple of people gave me some inspiration though :evil:
I like the new rat avatar btw, I think there is one in my freezer that looks like that (snake food) :devil:

Happy Boxing Day to all my Canadian and UK commonwealth friends.

My good friend Chuck served up some great lobster at his traditional Christmas eve party. Sorry New Englanders, this was the Crayfish variety. It got me to thinking about bug hunting and I came up with these.

For my friends in the Pacific:

A lobster hid high in a hole
To the dismay of divemaster Moe
He thrust in his arm
And soon bought the farm
Twas a coral snake hiding below.

For my fellow bug grunts in S. Florida:

A marine drill instructor named Scruggs
Found a ledge that was loaded with bugs
When he bubbled a shout
“All you maggots fall out”!
They marched into his bag he now lugs.

Rat: Are you sure LA does not stand for Lobsters Anonymous?

—Bob

Okay. I've been kinda bummed since my most consistent buddy left. If you think my poety is crummy, blame it on depression, okay? :D

I had a scuba buddy
We swam in clear and muddy
We had such fun
But now we're done
He's moved and I feel cruddy.

nkw5:
Okay. I've been kinda bummed since my most consistent buddy left. If you think my poety is crummy, blame it on depression, okay? :D

I had a scuba buddy
We swam in clear and muddy
We had such fun
But now we're done
He's moved and I feel cruddy.
I feel you pain. Losing a good diving buddy sucks. Good luck replacing him.
C-Dawg

ScubaBOBuba:
Rat: Are you sure LA does not stand for Lobsters Anonymous?

Lobsters Anonymous is an affiliate of Limericks Anonymous. The first step is to admit that your life is completely unmanageable and controlled by lobsters! :wink:

BTW cool limericks!

nkw5 - welcome to scuba limericks - your first post is a dandy! Sorry to hear about your dive buddy. Worse than a divorce, lol

wetrat:
Lobsters Anonymous is an affiliate of Limericks Anonymous.

Me: hi... my name is H2Andy (hi H2Andy) and i am addicted to lobsters

(silence in room)

Somebody: Ah... very sorry, H2Andy... this is group support for people addicted to mobsters... not lobsters...

Me: but it rhymes!!! it rhymes!!! for the love of alll that's sacred, it rhymes!!!

H2Andy:
Me: hi... my name is H2Andy (hi H2Andy) and i am addicted to lobsters

(silence in room)

Somebody: Ah... very sorry, H2Andy... this is group support for people addicted to mobsters... not lobsters...

Me: but it rhymes!!! it rhymes!!! for the love of alll that's sacred, it rhymes!!!
Me: It's OK Andy. Here, let me help you back to bed. I'm going to get you a glass of water, and I want you to take these pills. Don't worry, everything is going to be fine. I'll send the Dr in to see you in the morning.
H2Andy: Really? You mean these voices in my head will go away?
Me: Well, only if you put your IPOD away.

C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
I feel you pain. Losing a good diving buddy sucks. Good luck replacing him.
C-Dawg

Thanks for your sympathy, C-Dawg. However, my buddy is irreplaceable, but I know I will find other people to dive with.

wetrat:
nkw5 - welcome to scuba limericks - your first post is a dandy! Sorry to hear about your dive buddy. Worse than a divorce, lol

Thanks for the welcome and compliment. I have visited this thread several times before my limerick post. And I don't mean to sidetrack this thread (much) but losing my buddy is terrible. I can't compare it to divorce, but it's way worse than any breakup I've gone through. Although memory may not serve me well since I've been married for forever and a day. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom