Scuba Diving Mag's Top 100 Diving list: way to go Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats to my friends in the Philippines. For the last few years I've whined to SCUBA Diving magazine that they can hardly call this a "best in the world" issue when they leave out the great diving on other continents like South America or Africa!

High five Philippines!

Finally getting recognition is great - it may be a cause to boost the marine conservation efforts. Always room for improvement in conserving our marine life.

gasp... not a single mention of the Great Lakes in the article...

Not much mention of the Seattle Northwest region either - other that Vancouver Island.:(

I'm glad the Philippines is getting some exposure but I dive there mostly because of the macro life and the lower cost of diving. I hope it stays that way for a while longer. I also hope there will probably always be some small island that doesn't have 24 hour electricity, low cost rooms and good diving. No need for alarms when you have the sun coming up at 5 and fighting cocks crowing.:D

hey, seven out of nine AIN'T that bad. :D

gotta do palau. gotta do palau.

Once again, Singapore gets overlooked. :(

:p

Actually, I find those lists pretty silly. I see that The Philipinnes ranked in the top five for Marine Life and Malaysia didn't make the list. Does that mean I should dive Manila Bay instead of Sipadan? Also, I'd rather dive near Phuket (not on the list), rather than Batam, Indonesia (tied for #1 overall).

better look up dive sites in the Philippines first Zippsy. lots of world-class dive sites here. and no, manila bay isnt one of them. unless you work for the navy or coast guard.

no kidding... I was disappointed Sentosa wasn't on the top five... :eyebrow:

Good point... Talk about ignoring some greating diving in Malaysia...

JBB - as consolation, there is a small spread on diving in Edmonds... But then again, when's the last time you dived in Puget Sound you warm water wuss... :p

Does that mean I should dive Manila Bay instead of Sipadan?

LOL! Sorry this made me laugh. :)

I do agree that Malaysia not getting any love is silly, but out of all the places you could dive in the PI, is there any reason you decided to compare Manila Bay to Sipadan?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom