Scuba Diving Mag's Top 100 Diving list: way to go Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

better look up dive sites in the Philippines first Zippsy. lots of world-class dive sites here. and no, manila bay isnt one of them. unless you work for the navy or coast guard.

what about the mutated fish living in manila bay? isn't that marine biodiversity?:11: they need recognition too

dennis :rofl3:

what about the mutated fish living in manila bay? isn't that marine biodiversity?:11: they need recognition too

dennis :rofl3:
the mutated fish is no longer there... it packed its bags a couple of years ago and moved to malacanang...

last i heard it's running the country or something like that...

Jag

well, PI has a lot more GREAT diving sites compared to Malaysia. i think the list counted that factor, too. :D

well, nobody would know who ranked 6th. like i always fancy i got the 21st spot of the 2000 CPA board exam. :D

Just remember all, it's a "readers choice survey"... That means it's biased to who actually reads the magazines in the first place and to where they have been and what interests them... :coffee:

JBB - as consolation, there is a small spread on diving in Edmonds... But then again, when's the last time you dived in Puget Sound you warm water wuss... :p

Hey! I was in the water in October this year. I would get in the water this weekend but my back got messed up before my trip to the Philippines last month. I have a herniated disk in my back and now am considering getting surgery after the first of the year. It got worse one week into a three week trip - shooting pains down the left leg. I only got 13 dives in because of that and the wonderful super typhoon they had over there spinning off crappy weather.:shakehead:

LOL! Sorry this made me laugh. :)

I do agree that Malaysia not getting any love is silly, but out of all the places you could dive in the PI, is there any reason you decided to compare Manila Bay to Sipadan?!?!?

That's my point exactly. They lump countries together as if they are a single dive site. I love Malapascua for marine diversity but I would not rate it too highly for walls or wrecks. Does that mean I vote saying the "the Philippines" is great for marine diversity and sucks for walls and wrecks? Because of the wide variety of diving at different locations in almost every Asia Pacific country (well, maybe with the exception of Singapore), these lumped country ratings mean nothing, IMHO.

the mutated fish is no longer there... it packed its bags a couple of years ago and moved to malacanang...

last i heard it's running the country or something like that...

Jag

CAREFUL Sugar! those 'friends of fish' are watching!! I have friends and family in the Visayas, and Bataan if you need a hideout.:shakehead:

That's my point exactly. They lump countries together as if they are a single dive site. I love Malapascua for marine diversity but I would not rate it too highly for walls or wrecks. Does that mean I vote saying the "the Philippines" is great for marine diversity and sucks for walls and wrecks? Because of the wide variety of diving at different locations in almost every Asia Pacific country (well, maybe with the exception of Singapore), these lumped country ratings mean nothing, IMHO.
I agree, you make a good point - [-]seasoned knowledgeable[/-] divers shouldn't take these surveys to heart.

It's still great exposure to bring in the [-]vacation[/-] laidback divers. :) Plus, survey says: Philippines is getting more love! :14:

i do not think they lumped countries together as if its a single divesite nor for the type of diving there is in that country. maybe that is why PI did not make it to the top 5 for wrecks (and really- Malapascua is not mainly known for wall diving, go to Bohol for that then you'll see why we made it to TOP 5).

but really, what am i saying? i haven't dove outside of PI yet so my opinion doesn't COUNT!!!!!

ahhh, whatever. im going to the PPD christmas party tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom