Scuba diver arrest warrant - dale batt *please read*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. Some of the comments I've seen here do nothing to promote the safety of women and children who are trapped in such a situation, but merely push their own agenda.
And what "agenda" might that be? Geeze, you can't even make a joke without having some *hidden agenda.*

For your information, I have donated lots of time and goods to Shelter our Sisters, a local refuge for victims of domestic violence who finally had to courage to leave their abusers. I know all the statistics, trust me. Foremost amongst them is how many times the victims protect their abusers, refuse to press charges, and attack the cops on the scene when they try to arrest the abuser. I have a cop friend who was stabbed by such a woman. Now, according to law, it doesn't matter whether the victim wants to press charges or not. The cops press charges anyway, with or without the victims' consent. Which is a good thing considering how many times cops put their lives in danger responding to domestic violence calls. So before you start going all holier-than-thou, get your facts straight.

And what "agenda" might that be? Geeze, you can't even make a joke without having some *hidden agenda.*

For your information, I have donated lots of time and goods to Shelter our Sisters, a local refuge for victims of domestic violence who finally had to courage to leave their abusers. I know all the statistics, trust me. Foremost amongst them is how many times the victims protect their abusers, refuse to press charges, and attack the cops on the scene when they try to arrest the abuser. I have a cop friend who was stabbed by such a woman. Now, according to law, it doesn't matter whether the victim wants to press charges or not. The cops press charges anyway, with or without the victims' consent. Which is a good thing considering how many times cops put their lives in danger responding to domestic violence calls. So before you start going all holier-than-thou, get your facts straight.

Then considering what you have just stated, why do you feel the need to joke in this particular thread? I don't quite understand that.

Might I suggest you read up on "Abused Woman Syndrome" if you haven't already done so. It is common for people to believe the victim is to blame for staying and for not pressing charges against her abuser, but it's not as simple to leave as people think. Please note though that I am not suggesting it is alright for anyone to attack someone trying to help. And I am quite aware of all the facts, thanks anyway.

I apologise if I've misjudged you. I'll keep my opinions to myself now, as this thread cuts too close to the bone for me.

I appreciate all your posts (or most of them anyway). To answer some of your questions - I just found out about his scuba diving a few weeks ago. It was never mentioned before. I figured its a pretty unique hobby so I started looking for forums where I could get his info out. No Scars, Marks, or Tattoos that we are aware of. He is certified for open water, advanced open water, ice, medic first aid and rescue. He spoke of diving wrecks in Michigan, he's dove in MN WI MI that we know of and before his conviction frequented Cozumel at least once a year. We believe he may still be in Minnesota in the Twin Cities area. Batt told his ex he would disappear and we'd never find him. He's a smart guy and has been completely off radar for almost 10 years now....but will eventually screw up and/or run out of resources. We have a new warrants program here that was started around 3 years ago. Now focusing on cold case warrants in addition to the current ones. He is 2nd on our MOST WANTED list. When he's caught, he goes to prison.

This cold case is a priority for me because of the degree of abuse and the fact much of it was done in front of his daughter who was 5-8 at the time!

FWIW, we have had real good luck using the US Marshall's Service, and they using us. With his "social" they may be able to access his latest tax returns, state and Fed. That may give you a nibble on his whereabouts. Of course you may have already done that. Either way this is great use of new resources on your part. Good luck. Bullies, like this, seem to be the worst kind of bad guy. Mark

Then considering what you have just stated, why do you feel the need to joke in this particular thread? I don't quite understand that.
I wasn't joking about domestic violence.

I apologise if I've misjudged you. I'll keep my opinions to myself now, as this thread cuts too close to the bone for me.

No need for apologies to me. I, however, would like to tell you that I am sorry to have upset you. Peace.

To that end, since I have nothing but acerbic contempt for the sentiments expressed by fairybasslet, idocsteve, and the Chad, I offer them no apologies.

I'm going to make up for it right here and now.

I will be in Cozumel one day next January during a cruise, and I see that's one of his known hangouts.

I will be on the alert, while on land and sea.

It would be useful to know if he swims with a flutter or a frog kick?

Perhaps you could just circulate his pic & info?

Using highly advanced secret technology only available to a select few (Pentium processor with Windows Vista), I have prepared a composite of what the guilty party might look like today.

s30so6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom