Scuba diver arrest warrant - dale batt *please read*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My question is - You say he goes to Cozumel at least once a year. How could he have his passport scanned and not be identified as someone with outstanding warrants?

pffft not even a long hose! No way

ScubaCriminal2.jpg

I still don't think I would dive with him, that snorkle doesn't have a 3/8" snap bolt...:rofl3:

You'd be surprised how much traveling you can do without having to worry about warrant checks. Not always done.

That's our Homeland Security for you! :(

I appreciate all your posts (or most of them anyway). To answer some of your questions - I just found out about his scuba diving a few weeks ago. It was never mentioned before. I figured its a pretty unique hobby so I started looking for forums where I could get his info out. No Scars, Marks, or Tattoos that we are aware of. He is certified for open water, advanced open water, ice, medic first aid and rescue. He spoke of diving wrecks in Michigan, he's dove in MN WI MI that we know of and before his conviction frequented Cozumel at least once a year. We believe he may still be in Minnesota in the Twin Cities area. Batt told his ex he would disappear and we'd never find him. He's a smart guy and has been completely off radar for almost 10 years now....but will eventually screw up and/or run out of resources. We have a new warrants program here that was started around 3 years ago. Now focusing on cold case warrants in addition to the current ones. He is 2nd on our MOST WANTED list. When he's caught, he goes to prison.

This cold case is a priority for me because of the degree of abuse and the fact much of it was done in front of his daughter who was 5-8 at the time!

Deputy Rose, you are to be commended for your tenacity, commitment to justice, and creativity. It would have been easy just to list your warrant with NCIC and go about your business (and I am sure you are otherwise quite busy). That you have taken the time to track this guy down, find out what he does and seek out people who might be able to lead you to him tells me that you are a great officer. Thanks!!!

FYI....a $500 reward for the tip that leads to the arrest of Dale Batt has been added!

You might get a better response with a "50 airfills" card.

Yeah the dollar value might be the same but it would be more motivating.

Trust me on this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom