The Only Thing Worse Than a Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace Malinowski

Training Agency President
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The pirate jokes do get old when you have an eye patch.

I walked out of my dentist's office a few weeks ago to hear some guy in a truck make the "Arrrgh!" remark. His window was rolled down, and I almost walked over and just punched him in the face.

The only reason I have to live is because of my cat. No wife. No kids. Don't really have any dreams anymore. I don't even dream at night or daydream. So other than the cat there isn't much to keep me from turning even a small annoying remark into a life sentence in federal prison, or punching the wrong guy and getting shot. Basically, I don't care.

Remembering the cat is usually enough to slow down the first impulse that enters my head. That day, I also remembered that assault charges will keep me out of Canada, so I just walked past as my brain processed all of the above.

But when I looked back at his truck, lo and behold, there was a red & white North American dive flag decal on the window of his cap. Of course, he was a diver! Only divers can so obnoxious.

I walked back to his truck and popped my face into his window. "You're a diver," I stated.

He recoiled in his seat, startled. That gave me a sense of satisfaction, to be honest.

His face showed a little bit of fear, but when he realized I was just talking he relaxed. "Yeah... yeah..." he stammered, "Well, not really, I mean I used to dive. I was on a dive rescue team, but not anymore."

I told him the eye was the result of DCS and told him the story of how that happened. We were talking diving when his wife came out of a store and was annoyed that he wasn't ready to just chauffer her on command because he was talking diving.

The only thing worse than a diver is the wife of a diver.

Hey now, my wife is also a diver so what are you trying to say!?? 😉 Speaking of awesome cats….

Attachments

• 7FBC3D18-09F4-4549-BBA4-994816B9A124.jpeg
    7FBC3D18-09F4-4549-BBA4-994816B9A124.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60
This is what my cat thinks of that guy.

Attachments

• ED216BCA-AA83-4748-AA44-FFB38BBBAA4F.jpeg
    ED216BCA-AA83-4748-AA44-FFB38BBBAA4F.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 66
The pirate jokes do get old when you have an eye patch.

I walked out of my dentist's office a few weeks ago to hear some guy in a truck make the "Arrrgh!" remark. His window was rolled down, and I almost walked over and just punched him in the face.

The only reason I have to live is because of my cat. No wife. No kids. Don't really have any dreams anymore. I don't even dream at night or daydream. So other than the cat there isn't much to keep me from turning even a small annoying remark into a life sentence in federal prison, or punching the wrong guy and getting shot. Basically, I don't care.

Remembering the cat is usually enough to slow down the first impulse that enters my head. That day, I also remembered that assault charges will keep me out of Canada, so I just walked past as my brain processed all of the above.

But when I looked back at his truck, lo and behold, there was a red & white North American dive flag decal on the window of his cap. Of course, he was a diver! Only divers can so obnoxious.

I walked back to his truck and popped my face into his window. "You're a diver," I stated.

He recoiled in his seat, startled. That gave me a sense of satisfaction, to be honest.

His face showed a little bit of fear, but when he realized I was just talking he relaxed. "Yeah... yeah..." he stammered, "Well, not really, I mean I used to dive. I was on a dive rescue team, but not anymore."

I told him the eye was the result of DCS and told him the story of how that happened. We were talking diving when his wife came out of a store and was annoyed that he wasn't ready to just chauffer her on command because he was talking diving.

The only thing worse than a diver is the wife of a diver.
First, I don't drive a truck, and I don't live anywhere near you.

But yeah, my wife would be quite annoyed to find me in the parking lot talking to some stranger about diving.

@Trace Malinowski - what happened to the avatar (recent) with the "smile". Please go back...
LOL! Okay, but only because you asked. That was my uniform working for Event Medics during a Tough Mudder at Pocono Raceway a couple of months ago. I did have one young, fit girl stop at the obstacle at which I was working water rescue and comment, "Do you know how perfect it is to get to this one (obstacle) and have a lifeguard with an eye patch?" I told her my girlfriend dumped me over it. She said it was one of the sexiest things she had seen that day. I said I'll take the compliment considering all the ripped dudes running the event.

Well, to stay on the subject of who's worst, here's a classic joke, quite popular among French divers :

- "Do ya know the difference between God and a dive instructor ?"
- "God doesn't think he's a dive instructor..."

I run before it hits the fan...

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom