scuba and handguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Sig will cost more, but it's the "cadillac of handguns" and it will never let you down.

Lost Yooper,

You are correct, "Bang for your Buck" wise, Glock is a sure winner, no doubt about it. But then again so is a Ruger P89/P90!
But the desired results are/were not who's the cheapest and still works, but rather, "If you're in a dark alley outnumbered 10 to 1, which would you rather have? Ahhh, this changes everything eh?

But following the "You get what you pay for", or maybe for some it's ... "If price is no object", or even the common ... "When you gotta have the best", or etc ... "IMEO" Sig Sauer is and will be #1 ... H & K will be #2. Some of my reasons for the order in which I chose #1 and #2 is personal preference, some is Military Testing and usage based.

This is of course subject to change, but hasnt for a long time, and will take some serious changes out there to convince otherwise.

artsprite, ahhh, music to my ears, someone that "knows" ... Yes, The Sig has earned that quote for its rep. A very well deserved, and rightfully placed crown - not just any piece gets that kind of endorsement. And Sig Sauer has gone above and beyond the call of duty to be crowned as such!

Amen to that King_Neptune

Now, if I could just afford the little colt pony pocketlite that I want so bad....

It isn't made anymore, but there are a lot of them out there.
You can hide it sooooooo many places. I'm a small person, and sometimes it's difficult to conceal my Sig even though it's just a .380

Haven't fired the Sig. Love too! (Hint hint)

Now when KD and artsprite decide to shoot off, I will make every effort to show up and do the RO thing. (Then I will NOT whoop the winners butt - been way to long!)

Now for the dark alley scenario...... SMG If it was a dinner date with the wonderous artsprite maybe a mini uzi because it goes better with a Tuxedo. Out tossing down a few beers with KN and the boys - H&K MP 10

At the end of the day, it will always boil down to the preference of the shootist. Me - I am a 9mm fan because it feels right when I shoot enough recoil that I know I fired and not so much as I can't handle it. ( I have a small scar on my head from the time that the guy who owned the big bad "Dirty Harry" .44 mag said "don't worry, you can shoot it one handed" - I was young and niave OK :D) Oh yeah, and I know the 13 rounds is more than 7 or 9.

But as my old gunnery instructor reminded me after I out shot him - Nice shooting sir, I must remember to shoot you in the back.

(Are you aware the the only reason that the US military is using Barettas instead of Sig is the cost of the Sig? The Sig lead the testing all the way and lost at the bottom line.)

Matt

well come on down Ontario Diver. I live outside the city limits, so we can fire away! You know a .380 is just a short 9mm.

And, FYI, you should always miss a couple on your shooting test so if you are ever in court you won't be accused of shooting to kill when you are so good you could just wound. Hee Hee

Nag, nag, nag. At least Glock sounds cool when you say it.... Glllockk. You just can't say Glock and not sound cool! :mean: :p

:D

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Nag, nag, nag. At least Glock sounds cool when you say it.... Glllockk. You just can't say Glock and not sound cool!
Mike

And sound cool?

I had an old Ford once (forgive me it wont happen again) and the I'm stupid started to make that noise ... "Glock Glock Glock" ... So we babied it out to a pasture on a lone foggy day ....

... And Shot it !

Oh yeah, it sure sounded cool though ... NOT!

:mission:

Ontario,

(Are you aware the the only reason that the US military is using Barettas instead of Sig is the cost of the Sig? The Sig lead the testing all the way and lost at the bottom line.

Sorta ... For "General or Standard Issue" yes, the Beretta is still used. Now, as some of you may know the Beretta can regain much of its old Glory with something as simple as an overhaul of its bushings. Sloppy sloppy sloppy, and a bad move they made. But the performance can be greatly tightened up by replacing the stock bushings.

The H & K's saw some action but BACK to the Sigs they went when it came to SF's issue. But no one really counts the regular grunts or those Artillery pukes anyway ... hehe (inside joke aimed at Matt)

Originally posted by King_Neptune
Ontario,

But no one really counts the regular grunts or those Artillery pukes anyway ... hehe (inside joke aimed at Matt)

Never send a seven mile sniper to do the job of Heavy Armour. and the track lube - I mean grunts... Well if you can't get tanks, you might have to rely on some of them fancy shmancy grunts that like to overachieve......

Armour, Firepower, Mobility, and the agressive nature of the commander and crew

Lt, Matt RCAC(Ret.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom