Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good day all. Scopolamine
Yeah, I do recall a sailing trip, 24 hours, having that thing behind my ear.
I was throwing up as long as I was awake.
You need to apply it EARLY!

I find that if put the patch on the night before and eat a breakfast burrito or something light the morning of I have never felt less than 90% good, which for me is great

Meclazine the night before. Travacalm just before the boat.

I hate Scop , evil, evil anxiety/panic inducing drug. The best thing I've found is to take Drammine the night before, and then take a half to full tablet that morning. An old timer told me that and I have not been sick in years. Be safe with scolpamine it can have nasty mental side effects even in people with no history

I hate Scop , evil, evil anxiety/panic inducing drug. The best thing I've found is to take Drammine the night before, and then take a half to full tablet that morning. An old timer told me that and I have not been sick in years. Be safe with scolpamine it can have nasty mental side effects even in people with no history

It's amazing how everyone is so different. I consider myself pretty acquainted with the effects of narcotics from a slightly shaded past and I don't feel the slightest bit of anything from Scopolamine. It sure does keep the seasickness away though.

Dramamine on the other hand makes me noticeably sleepy.

Back in the early 80's Scopolamine was an over the counter medication that I sold at my dive store under the name "Triptone" as tablets to be taken orally. I used it exclusively while it was still available to us as a resale item at my store. In the 90's it was pulled of the shelves and became a prescription drug. I used to get it in pill form from Australia.

"Perhaps the most famous of early uses is that of Dӓmmerschlaf, pioneered by a German doctor, Karl Gauss in 1903.
Dӓmmerschlaf, otherwise known as “twilight sleep”, was a state induced in birthing mothers by combining scopolamine and morphine. It was anesthetic, pain-relieving and often, the mother would not remember giving birth, due to the amnestic properties of scopolamine."

In the early 80's Undercurrent did an article on the experimentation that the USAF did to find the best motion sickness medication to use with their pilots. If I remember right the top one was a combination of Scopolamine and Amphetamines. The second on was Scopolamine on its own. The motion sickness was tested on humans by putting them on g force spinning chair and spinning them one way for 10 times and then spun the the opposite way and see how many opposite spins they could handle.

Get a script and go onto Amazon to get them for about $4.50 per patch.
Wow! Costco price is $16.70 / patch, and they are usually least expensive cash price in town. (And you don't have to be a member to purchase Rx at their Pharmacy.

Patch is timed-release for three days; less side effects. Least drowsy OTC tablet, is immediate-release Meclizine. 💊

Wow! Costco price is $16.70 / patch, and they are usually least expensive cash price in town. (And you don't have to be a member to purchase Rx at their Pharmacy.

Patch is timed-release for three days; less side effects. Least drowsy OTC tablet is immediate-release Meclizine. 💊
You can’t meter the dose with the patch, the side effects are directly related to the dosage (duh)

Ebay says ~$19 for 12 tabs from AUS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom