Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so I ordered Kwells from AU, arrived last week. When I can jump on a boat I'll be sure to give it a shot and report back.

Any suggestions how that should go? Take it early in the morning before the trip? The night before?
I take a meclazine or two the night before, (less drowsy dramamine) and a kwells half an hour before I get on the boat. It is the only thing that works for me.

I take a meclazine or two the night before, (less drowsy dramamine) and a kwells half an hour before I get on the boat. It is the only thing that works for me.

I used to put the patch on the night before and as long as eat something small I feel fine. This worked perfect for me every time. I could use the head in rough conditions and never felt a thing.

My last trip I had ran out of patches and tried just eating something. I felt 75% good, never got sick but there was a few times that I wish I had taken anything.

These are not patches, they are pills. Box says 1-2 every 4-6 hours.

View attachment 730913View attachment 730915

Any chance you could try and remember the details from MX or look for the order? I used to be able to order the patch from Vietnam but they have since stopped, not really sure why. I tried 3 different places last year and all had to refund me because they couldn't get them.

I would much prefer the patch.
I'll try Rob. But I lost a bunch of stuff in a (my stupid) email crash.

I'll try Rob. But I lost a bunch of stuff in a (my stupid) email crash.

Bummer... hate when that happens. I really appreciate it.

I have looked quite a bit on the webs... even strolled through the dark web looking, came up with nada.... anybody need any meth? Seriously? Easier to get meth than motion sickness patches... go figure.

I get super motion-sick and typically combine the patch with bonine / meclazine and ginger unless it's literally a lake. But as I understand it the patch is needed to be put on the day before (24 hours for me) because otherwise the dose won't start soon enough. So if you were taking pills probably an hour before would be fine.

I get super motion-sick and typically combine the patch with bonine / meclazine and ginger unless it's literally a lake. But as I understand it the patch is needed to be put on the day before (24 hours for me) because otherwise the dose won't start soon enough. So if you were taking pills probably an hour before would be fine.

Wow that sounds like it sucks... at least you found what works. Don't the different medicines knock you out? I get that they're not supposed to be drowsy... but enough of it and they are.

Wow that sounds like it sucks... at least you found what works. Don't the different medicines knock you out? I get that they're not supposed to be drowsy... but enough of it and they are.
The scoplamine is non-drowsy, though it does definitely give me blurred vision and dry mouth, so one Bonine is fine. Definitely test in benign conditions!

I looked up the doses and the patch is 333 milligrams per day, so one 300 mg Kwells should be good. But I've never used it, so I defer to those who have.

The scoplamine is non-drowsy, though it does definitely give me blurred vision and dry mouth, so one Bonine is fine. Definitely test in benign conditions!

I looked up the doses and the patch is 333 milligrams per day, so one 300 mg Kwells should be good. But I've never used it, so I defer to those who have.

I have 36 of them at my house waiting for the next boat ride. I guess I'll take one a few hours before the boat leaves port. If I was good with the patch (it was perfect) I should be fine with the pill.

I'll report back.. although I don't see them listed anymore anywhere on ebay so this might also be a moot point... maybe they're just out right now, who knows.

I have 36 of them at my house waiting for the next boat ride. I guess I'll take one a few hours before the boat leaves port. If I was good with the patch (it was perfect) I should be fine with the pill.

I'll report back.. although I don't see them listed anymore anywhere on ebay so this might also be a moot point... maybe they're just out right now, who knows.
They last about 4 hours but seem to be fast acting. I'd follow directions and take them 1/2 hr before the boat ride.

They last about 4 hours but seem to be fast acting. I'd follow directions and take them 1/2 hr before the boat ride.

That's what I figured.. I'm more interested to see how I feel when they wear off. If I take @ ~ 5:30am, boat gets held up and leaves at 7(ish) and for whatever reason doesn't get back until 1 or so it will have worn off.

I might be ok... hopefully used to the sea by then. Like I said, last ride out I didn't take anything all day and I was pretty good. Not perfect, but not miserable either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom