Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Good day all. Scopolamine is just about the bees knees (to me). It's really saved any idea I had of diving from a boat. Last year I was able to get it on ebay but all the links are dead and I can't find anywhere that sells it online. It is by prescription only, but it's not a narcotic so before anyone decides to hang me out to dry as far as I know it's 100% legal to purchase non narcotic drugs for personal use (at least that's what I tell myself and I'm comfortable believing:)). Everywhere else in the world it's sold OTC, but as you well know here in the states it's not "what you can do" it's "who you know" when it comes to big pharma.

Few questions;

Does anyone know a source to get it, please pm me if you're not comfortable posting. I was getting them for ~ $2 / patch before (I think)?

If you do get them with a prescription (which I'm not 100% opposed to) what do you pay here in the states? That's the worst part about getting a prescription... taking off work, seeing a doctor, getting a prescription... just to find out the price is ludicrous. What a joke.

Not really looking for other suggestions, Scopolamine is amazing. It's the only thing that I'm after. Thanks all!!!

I am able to get “refills” without physically seeing my doctor. As far as I know there are no contraindications and seasickness does not resolve on its own, so no additional physical exam is required. My copay is like $25 for 8 patches, which is a significant discount from the list price. But I am lucky to have good insurance by US standards.

It is legal to buy prescription drugs from overseas, but only if you have a valid prescription, as I (non lawyer) understand it. So I think you would be okay buying it from one of the many jurisdictions where it is OTC.

Mine is Rx. Depending on your plan you may have telehealth as an option or you can go to a doc in the box at CVS or wherever and they should write you a script with refills.
Ins.? Co pay, out of pocket... cost?

Telehealth is free on my plan so the Rx itself was free, and I got 8 patches for $15 I think.
Did ins cover any of that?

Out of pocket is around 35 dollars for 4 patches with GoodRx. If you have a good relationship with your PCP they might even do it with a phone call request. Certainly ask for it with your next checkup.

BTW. There is no way that I would take any drug off ebay. “Legal” or not. No telling what you are actually getting. Hard enough to control ingredients through reputable manufactures/suppliers.

Good day all. Scopolamine is just about the bees knees (to me). It's really saved any idea I had of diving from a boat. Last year I was able to get it on ebay but all the links are dead and I can't find anywhere that sells it online. It is by prescription only, but it's not a narcotic so before anyone decides to hang me out to dry as far as I know it's 100% legal to purchase non narcotic drugs for personal use (at least that's what I tell myself and I'm comfortable believing:)). Everywhere else in the world it's sold OTC, but as you well know here in the states it's not "what you can do" it's "who you know" when it comes to big pharma.

Few questions;

Does anyone know a source to get it, please pm me if you're not comfortable posting. I was getting them for ~ $2 / patch before (I think)?

If you do get them with a prescription (which I'm not 100% opposed to) what do you pay here in the states? That's the worst part about getting a prescription... taking off work, seeing a doctor, getting a prescription... just to find out the price is ludicrous. What a joke.

Not really looking for other suggestions, Scopolamine is amazing. It's the only thing that I'm after. Thanks all!!!
You can get it online from Canadian pharmacies, but it is full price.

Mine were also Rx, and I think I paid $10 at walgreens. The where is probably irrelevant since I have prescription coverage.

I stopped using them, as I had a wierd side effect where my eyes became extremely blurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom