SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met John once, dove with him and had lunch afterwards. What a really nice guy. He and his family are in my thoughts. Wishing John a full and speedy recovery-
Beth

Like John and Allen, I am a member of the same dive club. I have been following the posts and my heart and prayers go out to John. Allen has asked me to pass on the following information as he is tied up and is driving home as I post. He has again been in contact with John’s family members and the word is – there has been no change in his condition. This was as of 7pm tonight. If anything changes, Allen will post it here. Get well my friend, as Allen would say pray, pray, pray.

What if someone who is able to visit him were to print a bunch of these posts up for him so he has something to read and cheer him up when he regains conciousness? Obviously it won't matter much when he's sedated, but it may be nice for him when he wakes up.

Even if you were to read them to him now.. My Dad said that when he was sedated and on the ventaltor for his heart attack/blood clot in the lung, he could still hear all of us talkning...

Sounds like tha fight is still on, and MANY thoughts and PRAYERS are being sent your way..

Even if you were to read them to him now.. My Dad said that when he was sedated and on the ventaltor for his heart attack/blood clot in the lung, he could still hear all of us talkning...

Sounds like tha fight is still on, and MANY thoughts and PRAYERS are being sent your way..

I have heard several other people tell stories of the same thing and that really helped them to hear voices of people they knew speaking reassuring and comforting words to them. I sure hope his family gets some good news and that he is able to improve today.

On a side note, I was thinking about the account given that the DM noticed John didn't look so great. I was reading an article explaining the difference in men's and women's mortality rates. It surmised that the only reason that women live longer than men is that when women start to feel funny they run to the doc and don't try to man up as often as men do. The article concluded that if men were to start doing the same and get treatment as soon as the started to get sick or just odd that it would virtually erase the difference in life spans.

Fellahs--please please please please when you start to feel odd get treatment right away and if someone says are you ok, you don't look so good--listen to them. It might be nothing, but then again it might be something. Sometimes a few minutes one way or another makes all the difference. And we gals promise not to call you a bunch of pansies and talk about you behind your back if you go to the doc. If you on the other hand wear a Speedo on the dive trip with us we will talk about you behind your back--maybe not on the boat, but for sure behind your back!!! You can count on that and the talk might not be what you would hope!

Fellahs--please please please please when you start to feel odd get treatment right away . . .

I've been accused of being odd all my life:rofl3::rofl3:

There are a couple of things to be learned from this.
1. ALL dive charters/springs should require a ICE (in case of emergency) contact number on the waver form.
2. Every diver should carry an ICE list in his/her dive bag
3. Stop taking our health for granted.

I've been accused of being odd all my life:rofl3::rofl3:

There are a couple of things to be learned from this.
1. ALL dive charters/springs should require a ICE (in case of emergency) contact number on the waver form.
2. Every diver should carry an ICE list in his/her dive bag
3. Stop taking our health for granted.

Somehow I believe that you have been accused of being odd and rightfully so! :rofl3:

Your suggestions are very good. I have three ICE numbers on my cell phone, but I have written them down in my wallet as well since reading about John.

Any more news on John?

I won't hear anything for at least another hour or so when Johns brother gets back. Stewart's son has a baby yesterday at 7:30am so he wanted to make sure he went over to see his new granddaughter before going back to the hospital. Congrats to Stewart and his new granddaughter:kiss2:

John can have friends come up and see him per his doctor 2 at a time. If anyone wants to ride up with me please let me know. I have a TomTom so I don't get lost anymore.:blinking:

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I dove only once with John, this past winter at Paradise. I think we signed eachother's dive logs. He is a really nice guy. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Thanks so much all for keeping us updated and reminding us to pray, pray, pray. C'mon, John, hang in there, we're rooting for ya!!!

I won't hear anything for at least another hour or so when Johns brother gets back. Stewart's son has a baby yesterday at 7:30am so he wanted to make sure he went over to see his new granddaughter before going back to the hospital. Congrats to Stewart and his new granddaughter:kiss2:

John can have friends come up and see him per his doctor 2 at a time. If anyone wants to ride up with me please let me know. I have a TomTom so I don't get lost anymore.:blinking:

For those that don't' know - Stuart is John's brother.

And Becky - quit showing off with the Tom-Tom - I know you directed that at me :rofl3:

John - we're pulling for you. :bounce2:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom