SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked with John's mother . . .
The dog is ok, someone is going over to take care of it daily. the problem is John's dog doesn't get along well with other dogs and everyone in the family has a dog. If anyone knows which vet John used that would be a BIG help, please post that info or pm me with that info.

There is no change in John's condition, he has not moved and is unresponsive. she has counted about 10 IV bags that he has received and the family is talking to him hoping he hears. The hospital/doctors/nurses say that right now they are sustaining his organs, he can't be moved for test. His lungs are impaired and he CAN NOT breath without the respirator. The prognosis is not good.
The Doc. seems to think that this is somehow dive related, however can't know for sure without test and can't do test on him in this condition. basically "one thing might have triggered another."

The hospital is giving good care and the staff is compassionate.

This will be a long process, even after John gets better.

Fritz, Thanks (from Mom) for keeping his car safe, The family is trying to figure out what to do with that now. You can expect to hear from them in a couple of days.

I will post more as I know, I'm trying to clear my schedule to make a visit but I"m swimming against a 5 know current in that area.

Keep praying . . .

Allen - Please be sure to send all of our good vibes down the phone line next time you speak with her.

Last edited:
I just talked with John's mother . . .
The Doc. seems to think that this is somehow dive related, however can't know for sure without test and can't do test on him in this condition. basically "one thing might have triggered another."

Have the Docs been consulting with DAN? If not, I'd suggest they do it ASAP.

Have the Docs been consulting with DAN? If not, I'd suggest they do it ASAP.

I just spoke with SpearGirl/Becky. She is going to see him tonight. I asked her to be sure to mention this to his docs, in case they haven't already called DAN.

I phoned DAN this morning and gave them all the information that I recieved from JDC and his family. I went to see John in the hospital yesterday. All I can say is please keep the prayers and keep the faith he will improve, there was slight heat in his arm yesterday and it's my understanding he had a fever that broke Monday morning- All positive in my opinion. He is a strong man and a good friend and a great diver. He was looking to Start the Divecon class on Monday as he wanted to share the love of the sport as a dive leader. Keep the thoughts coming as I know he'll feel them.

Sometimes being so far away, standing on the sidelines helpless....all one can do is to pray. Thank you all who have keep us informed of John's progress as he makes his long slow recovery. Thanks for jumping in to help a fellow diver in need, making sure his family was notified, his dog taken care of and keeping us abreast of even the slightest changes. And I will continue to pray for his recovery.

Just spoke with SpearGirl/Becky. She spent a good deal of time at the hospital today and will be posting a little ray of sunshine as soon as she can.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom