SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that don't' know - Stuart is John's brother.

And Becky - quit showing off with the Tom-Tom - I know you directed that at me :rofl3:

John - we're pulling for you. :bounce2:

:rofl3::rofl3: I couldn't help myself :rofl3::rofl3: with my new TomTom I don't get lost in a bag anymore. Hey Tracy it's a new wonderful world we live in.:rofl3: You should see it.:rofl3:

I've been accused of being odd all my life:rofl3::rofl3:

There are a couple of things to be learned from this.
1. ALL dive charters/springs should require a ICE (in case of emergency) contact number on the waver form.
2. Every diver should carry an ICE list in his/her dive bag
3. Stop taking our health for granted.

And Jupiter Dive Center did not (nor do a few others in Palm Beach/Jupiter that have them online).
All I can say is bad things occasionally happen to good divers and the charter not having an ICE on the waiver tells me their waiver needs an update. We wouldn't be having this dicussion if operator had known who to contact. In fact, that contact could and should have been made while the boat was returning from the dive (at the point they decided EMS was needed).

I suggest that we as divers need to drive the issue and I do hope JDC and others get onboard with this idea.

Speargirl thanks for the update. I'm a nurse working on a cardiac unit, do you know the troponin levels? that is the biggest indicator of an MI. If John did take a hit, it could have masked the MI, or he may not have taken a hit, and was having an MI that could have been mistaken for a hit. He also could have had the MI after he was in the hospital. One could have led to the other also, with what the stress of a hit is.
Johnn will continue to have my good thoughts for a full recovery.

I just got home from seeing John. I spoke with his primary doctor who is a diver himself and has taken care of many dive related accidents. I asked him to please call DAN just in case something was missed and he said he would be more than happy to call them. He said it would not be tonight but in the morning when he could get all the doctors files so he had everything they have done so far. So DAN is taken care of.
Johns lab work shows a high elevation and his doctor confirmed he did have a heart attack when I asked. His heart attack was at the hospital. He has also had a mild stroke.

Vitals
HR: 80
BP: 117/77
Sat: 98
Temp: was 105 but went to 98.5 :)crafty:way cool baby)
Color: pink
skin: warm dry
Pupils: dilate
John was unresponsive but that was due to his sedation.

Second set of vitals
HR 83
BP: 120/84
Sat: 98
Temp: 98.7

They have started to take John off the vent slowly he is at 80% now he was at 100% it's slow but hey he is doing great:D

I was really pleased to see him, He looked pretty good, but John is far from being out of the woods, he is getting better but slowly. Because he has gotten better they will be taken him down at 9am to get some needed test done, so please pray he makes that trip and gets back ok. His primary doctor is going to call me with the results. His doctor is also going to call me so I can be there when they take him off sedation.

Good staff and great Doctors John is being well taken care of.

Lets all pray John makes his trip in the morning with no problems.

Speargirl thanks for the update. I'm a nurse working on a cardiac unit, do you know the troponin levels? that is the biggest indicator of an MI. If John did take a hit, it could have masked the MI, or he may not have taken a hit, and was having an MI that could have been mistaken for a hit. He also could have had the MI after he was in the hospital. One could have led to the other also, with what the stress of a hit is.
Johnn will continue to have my good thoughts for a full recovery.

Being a Nurse you should know that I cannot give out that information nor would I ever put my license in jeopardy. The information I have given out anyone could get just by reading monitors in the room, other than my observation and my pt report as a friend of Johns not as his nurse. If I were his nurse I would not even be able to report what I did. I am sure you understand.

As Johns friend I will keep everyone updated as best as I can.

And Jupiter Dive Center did not (nor do a few others in Palm Beach/Jupiter that have them online).
All I can say is bad things occasionally happen to good divers and the charter not having an ICE on the waiver tells me their waiver needs an update. We wouldn't be having this dicussion if operator had known who to contact. In fact, that contact could and should have been made while the boat was returning from the dive (at the point they decided EMS was needed).

I suggest that we as divers need to drive the issue and I do hope JDC and others get onboard with this idea.

I just wonder since some shops do this and some don't, if the reason for not doing it is because it would be taking on legal responsibilities of some sort :idk: For the litigious society we live in - perhaps that is what keeps some shops from having the ICE line?

For those that don't' know - Stuart is John's brother.

And Becky - quit showing off with the Tom-Tom - I know you directed that at me :rofl3:

John - we're pulling for you. :bounce2:

Maybe not straight at you.....
(hint at retaliation....ask Becky if she knows of anybody who ever used a Tom Tom to get from Marathon to Key West!) :rofl3::rofl3:

(hint at retaliation....ask Becky if she knows of anybody who ever used a Tom Tom to get from Marathon to Key West!) :rofl3::rofl3:

:shocked2: Jenny :rofl3: I had to learn how to use it and what better way than the Keys one way in one way out how lost can I get.:rofl3: I knew one day that would bite me.:D

Was the Tom-Tom telling you take a right turn while you were still on a bridge?

We wear a Road ID when we bicycle...there should be a similar item for divers.

I bought a DAN tag simply because I frequently dive off the beach with no boat support and some of my dive buddies know my face and my SBB handle but not my last name or my partner's name.

You know what, your saltwater fishing/lobstering license isn't a bad piece of ID...I don't exactly remember, but I think they take your Social Security number when you purchase one, but I might be wrong about that. It isn't printed on the license, but LEO's can get it.

You can also register your emergency contacts with the DMV. I've done it.

:shocked2: Jenny :rofl3: I had to learn how to use it and what better way than the Keys one way in one way out how lost can I get.:rofl3: I knew one day that would bite me.:D

I'm sorry, you outed yourself. By looking at the post after yours, I Dive thinks I was talking about me!!!! LOL

I love ya!

Ok, back to Johns well wishes..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom