SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question I have is why so many clots he has one in his lungs and even in his leg and other parts of his body.
Would diving do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Question I have is why so many clots he has one in his lungs and even in his leg and other parts of his body.
Would diving do this?

It could.

Here's an article that explains the body's reaction to bubbles.
Essentially, the body produces a histamine reaction to bubbles in the blood which can lead to intrinsic pathway activation (clots).

Attachments

• rethinkingthehit.pdf
    243.6 KB · Views: 174
John, my thoughts are with you.

I read an article a few weeks back about a runner that had a heart attack and died before the family could be located. The brother has since started a campain to have runners get those silicone bracelets (like Lance Armstrong's yellow Live Strong bracelets) with their contact and ICE info. Websites like reminderband.com let you order as little as 1 for about $5. They are pretty indestructible and wouldnt get uncomfortable or in the way of dive-gear.

John, my thoughts are with you.

I read an article a few weeks back about a runner that had a heart attack and died before the family could be located. The brother has since started a campain to have runners get those silicone bracelets (like Lance Armstrong's yellow Live Strong bracelets) with their contact and ICE info. Websites like reminderband.com let you order as little as 1 for about $5. They are pretty indestructible and wouldnt get uncomfortable or in the way of dive-gear.
I don't leave my house without wearing my dogtag with my daughter's contact info and some other details.

This has been a on going joke with MissD and my TomTom for a while. Cocky never I am just so happy I can get out of the Keys without getting lost.:rofl3: Heck what am I talking about I got lost in the Keys without my GPS so cocky :shakehead: I'm blessed:blinking:

Oh I knew you were teasing one another. I just thought that article about the guy following his gsp and driving right into the lake because it told him to do so was funny especially since you are a diver and prone to go near water locations.

Any word on John today?

More sad news I am so sorry:depressed:

His family has said there are no more visitors allowed.

They do not want any of his friends coming to the hospital. Nor his long time friend which is his Minister to be there.

They are going to remove his Life Suppport sometime in the morning or afternoon and the doctor has said they will make sure he does not suffer and that he will last no more than a couple of hours.
It appears that they want this as family time.

They also said they would let me know when and where the Memorial Services will be held.

So all we can do is keep praying that John pulls out of this dispite the odds against him.

God Bless You Little John
You are in my prayers

Becky

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom