SB Dive of the Month April 28th at Lake Jocassee, Salem, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leah:
get a henderson hyperstretch hood. They are worth the money. Provides warmth without the choke factor. I have been told when I get my glasses that I have an oversized head--just measure me and keep the insults please!! Anyway, I wear a medium Henderson 5/3 hood and it works well for me.

I have a high wimp factor. :D I love the 7mm Henderson Gold Core Hood - not as stretchy as the hyperstretch, but warmer as long as stock sizes are a good fit. If not, I'd would go hyperstretch. If I'm diving fresh water, the hood is on. I have never been too hot in the 7mm in freshwater. You lose a lot of body heat through the head. Remember , if the water ain't 98.6 degrees you are losing body heat which translates to increased air consumption, a shorter dive and being more tired after the dive.

Dave and I will see y'all Saturday...

diveprof:
Oh by the way, be sure to wear the 5mm gloves too so you won't have use of your hands :rofl3:

I'll have you know my dive training was done in California :D I have just been spoiled by warm water :rofl3:

LindaBluedolphin:
I'll have you know my dive training was done in California :D I have just been spoiled by warm water :rofl3:[/QUOTE

I think they must incorrectly call it "dive training" in California. For those just learning to dive, it must be more like survival training. I have never had to wear so much neoprene (and weight) in my life to be comfortable diving (Monterrey -winter).:D If I'm diving salt, it better be 78 degrees+ or I feel like I'm getting ripped off:D

diveprof:
LindaBluedolphin:
I'll have you know my dive training was done in California :D I have just been spoiled by warm water :rofl3:[/QUOTE

I think they must incorrectly call it "dive training" in California. For those just learning to dive, it must be more like survival training. I have never had to wear so much neoprene (and weight) in my life to be comfortable diving (Monterrey -winter).:D If I'm diving salt, it better be 78 degrees+ or I feel like I'm getting ripped off:D

Ummmm, my advanced training was through LA County, geez you would have thought I was trying out to be a Navy Seal. :shakehead

I am a WWW Dive Princess and proud of it!:blinking:

Leah and I have never known anything else except cold water and low vis. I never wear less than a 5 mil in Jocassee - even in the summer - and 7 mil is never too much. I think guys as a rule typically can tolerate colder water.

I hope you guys have a wonderful time on Saturday. I'll have to meet up with you next time. BE SAFE!!!! :D

Jocasseegirl:
Leah and I have never known anything else except cold water and low vis. I never wear less than a 5 mil in Jocassee - even in the summer - and 7 mil is never too much. I think guys as a rule typically can tolerate colder water.

I hope you guys have a wonderful time on Saturday. I'll have to meet up with you next time. BE SAFE!!!! :D

And sometimes if the lake is getting a little to clear--like 10-15 vis-we silt it up just for fun so we feel like we are getting our monies worth! Seriously, I love it when a big fish swims out of the murk at me. It is breath taking.

Who ever gets to the ramp first, please post a big note on your tarp or canopy that says Jocassee Skeleton Crew so we can all hook up with the correct people. I think the first divers are getting there just before 8am. I will be there around 10am

Jocasseegirl:

Don't get me wrong, I am a wimp diver. Oh, I dive the cold stuff wet - 40 degree water with 4' vis and 25 degrees on the surface after the dive - in my 7mm with 7mm gloves and 7mm hooded vest and five gallons of hot water to dump in my suit post dive but it doesn't mean I have to be that happy 'bout it:D It's just that I'm addicted to it and have not been able to find a 12 step program for divers who cannot seem to pass up a dive. By the way, guys do tolerate the colder water better. I've been told that it's because we have a larger air space between our ears and everyone know that an air space is a good insulator:rofl3:

diveprof:
By the way, guys do tolerate the colder water better. I've been told that it's because we have a larger air space between our ears and everyone know that an air space is a good insulator:rofl3:

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom