SB Dive of the Month April 28th at Lake Jocassee, Salem, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim and I were there yesterday, but i didnt see any of you guys there. o well, we did get there pretty late, about noonish. I guess we were more concerned with suitin up and getting in the water than saying hey to anyone, lol. The dive was great though, barring some technical difficulties i was having with my BC. Dove to 104', thermocline was around 60' orso, temp at the surface was 65, at 40' close to 55, and at 100' was 45-50. viz was around 20' above the thermocline. I found a missing hand and femur bone off of one of the bones family. i intended to bring it back to them.....but somehow or another the dang things fell outta my BC pocket. going back today, maybe ill find em again lol.

Leah, Blue Dolphin, and I were there yesterday, having some fun diving, and cooking out. Leah lead me to the attack of the Killer Bass, a small mouth bass weighing in at a couple of pounds, protecting his area. he fun fun to play with, swimming circles around us, and comming in for a nibble at our fingers. The water temp wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, 40-50 ft it was 57, on the cool side but, as long as you kept moving, it was ok. Put a couple of new signs down at the bones family. All in all a great day of diving, and catching up with old friends, and making some new ones. Ready to do it again.

What a great weekend! It was good to be back in the water again with old and new friends alike. The bass attack was my favorite part of the dive. He stayed so close to use and keep swiming in and out of vis like a plane out of no where.

After we got done diving Linda introduced me to geocaching and it was a lot of fun. I look forward to doing some more of it.

Of course there were a few faces I was hoping to see. Perhaps next time those folks will be able to make it.

I will post in a day or so when I think I am going to be able to get back up that way and perhaps we can do another dive of the month together.

It was fun diving Jocassee this weekend. Shorediving on Sat. off the wall today.

I had a great time, I only wish Jocassee were closer (that is some drive home). It was great to meet everyone!

Great diving at Jocassee. Still had nitrogen loading for my dives at clark hill/ lake thurmond today (1 pixel left) on my genesis computer. We had couple of good dives today. Y'all will have to plan a dive down here as soon as conditions improve (vis 6-8'today). We have a lake with nice dives to 100', an ariplane, bouyanacy course, wall @ 80' and a ski boat with our own member of the bones family driving. We also have a really cool 1 hour river drift dive (20') that has a ship wreck in 18' of water with boilers, bow and deck planking exposed, the cotton dock remains, the old Hamburg (town no longer exists) bridge, fish, freshwater eels, and artifacts/bottle dive.

That sounds like some interesting diving diveprof. We will have to try to make it down that way sometime.

You guys should have stayed longer. You missed out on some great food. Reefraff2 treated us to some homemade BQ that he made and some great brauts. He is still King of the Grill at our ramp parties.

It was great meeting you Leah. Sorry I couldn't hang around and talk more. I only got in 3 dives but that was fine. I've almost got my trim dead on with my doubles.

Some of us Lanier Looney birds are planning a trip up to Jocassee in May to dive with Bill @ Off the Wall. You should come dive with us if you are not doing anything that day.

J:

JKSteger:
Some of us Lanier Looney birds are planning a trip up to Jocassee in May to dive with Bill @ Off the Wall. You should come dive with us if you are not doing anything that day.

J:

When are you going?

Back
Top Bottom