SB Dive of the Month April 28th at Lake Jocassee, Salem, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandmanz32, I hope you can make it. The shore diving is really nice at Jocassee. You can just ease into the water and unlike the boats if you get too hot or too cold as the case may be depending on the time of year you can just slip out of the water and cool off or warm up.

Having two boat ramps blocked off makes for very easy entry and exit. It is also nice that you can back your car down to off load the gear close to the water.
This time of year the ramp shouldn't be crowded. In the next few weeks the numbers of folks coming should pick up.

I am really looking forward to diving Lake Jocassee and meeting the "Bones" family. It will also be nice to finally meet Leah who has been doing such a great job of setting these dives up.

Ugh!! I've tried everything I possibly can to get away for a day of diving, but I'm sad to report that it's just not happening this month.

So, I wish you all a fun time and I will definately be coming along the next time!! Lake Jocassee here I come!!!!

leah:
Less than 2 weeks away! I can hardly wait.

I am going to try to talk a few of our Augusta divers into the trip to Jocassee on 4/28. It may be a hard sell as our lake is up to 60 degrees now :D . Are y'all diving air or nitrox (if so what mix)? What time does Bill's shop open on Sat. morning? I haven't tried the shore stuff, though I've enjoyed the boat diving at Jocassee many times (with Bill's boat of course).

diveprof:
I am going to try to talk a few of our Augusta divers into the trip to Jocassee on 4/28. It may be a hard sell as our lake is up to 60 degrees now :D . Are y'all diving air or nitrox (if so what mix)? What time does Bill's shop open on Sat. morning? I haven't tried the shore stuff, though I've enjoyed the boat diving at Jocassee many times (with Bill's boat of course).

I am in. This is the dive I mentioned on Saturday.
:monkeydan

Who's Diving!!!
1 Leah
2 LindaBlueDolphin
3 SCCaleb
4 ReefRaff2 aka the grill master supreme!
5 DSSchulte
6 Sandmanz32
7 diveproof maybe
8 Stephi maybe

I am looking forward to Saturday as well. For the record water here in South Florida today was 74, vis was 80' or better. :D

Guess I will be trading out the 3m for my 5m and hope it is warm enough. Might even bring my old 3m to wear under the 5m depending on Jacasee temps.

Back
Top Bottom