"Say hello to my little friend"-Pascual!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you hate it when you get busted by your own words? You wrote this on Pascual's website:

So he/you are catching crabs too? Palancar is in the park. Whoops! :coffee:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Nice job detective!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I guess you got me.

Just to defend your point I wrote "he may snag one with his own hands." It may or may not be at Palancar and he may or may not do it.... The picture does not show him with one in hand....

My quote resides here.....
SCUBA DIVING WITH PASCUAL COZUMEL MEXICO - PHOTOS

But here is one just to make sure you know how much I care about what you think. This may or may not have been taken at Palancar.

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel, Mexico card 2/Cozumel card 2 068.jpg

I guess you got me.

Just to defend your point I wrote "he may snag one with his own hands." It may or may not be at Palancar and he may or may not do it....

The number of dive sites in Cozumel that are outside the park is microscopic. I would be serious money that you've both done it inside the park.

But here is one just to make sure you know how much I care about what you think. This may or may not have been taken at Palancar.

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel,%20Mexico/Cozumel,%20Mexico%20card%202/Cozumel%20card%202%20068.jpg
You don't have to care what I think. You're right, I have very little power to do anything about it. But, when the marine park busts you (and they will), you will be BANNED from diving in the park. I'm not making this up, Chris. That is really what can happen. Then you won't be able to dive here. Is it worth it? I think not.

I guarantee if you happen to do it while Christi is drifting past, or me, or any number of other people who actually care, we will call it in to the park. They have a nice boat, and it runs a lot faster than 17 knots. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles because they're not going to be nice to you.

I guess you got me.

Just to defend your point I wrote "he may snag one with his own hands." It may or may not be at Palancar and he may or may not do it.... The picture does not show him with one in hand....

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel, Mexico card 2/Cozumel card 2 068.jpg

Well, my guess is that if he engages in this behavior outside of the park, then he does it inside of the park too (and I've seen it with my own eyes many years ago when I dove with him - once). I'd also venture to guess since I DO KNOW Pascual as an operator, that you haven't been outside the park with him - because he doesn't go that far out - too much gas! Finally, it DOESN'T MATTER if you're within the park or not - these rules are intended to help protect the environment PERIOD! As an "experienced" diver, which is highly subjective (you don't meet the def of an experienced diver in my book BTW), you should know better.

I wonder how much you'll care when you are the reason Pascual gets HEAVILY fined and/or gets his park permits revoked. The marine park monitors this site EVERY DAY!

You're a real brain child aren't you? :shakehead:

For everyone's reference, these are the park rules:

It is prohibited to:

* stand on or take hold of the coral reefs.

* fish for, collect or disturb any marine organism (fish, coral,
shells, winkles, starfish etc).

* use sunblock or suntan oil that is not biodegradable.

* carry spears, hooks, harpoons or explosives.

* carry gloves or knives (dive professionals may register to
carry such items).

* disturb or remove fauna and flora from their refuges.

* feed any fish or animal.

* dispose of any kind of solid waste.

* dump fuel, grease, oil or any other liquid substance.

The number of dive sites in Cozumel that are outside the park is microscopic. I would be serious money that you've both done it inside the park.

You don't have to care what I think. You're right, I have very little power to do anything about it. But, when the marine park busts you (and they will), you will be BANNED from diving in the park. I'm not making this up, Chris. That is really what can happen. Then you won't be able to dive here. Is it worth it? I think not.

I guarantee if you happen to do it while Christi is drifting past, or me, or any number of other people who actually care, we will call it in to the park. They have a nice boat, and it runs a lot faster than 17 knots. Get ready to bend over and grab your ankles because they're not going to be nice to you.

Correct Tekdiver - Diving privileges can and will be revoked for this type of egregious behavior AND/OR the operator will be heavily fined, permits suspended and/or permanently revoked. Having park permits means your dive boat is practically worthless. If revoked, permits cannot be reinstated until the following renewal period. But the worst part, is that they will only be renewed if the marine park decides to renew them AND if someone else has given up their permits.

I wonder if Pascual has renewed his Marine Park credential to be a guide in the park - something tells me no.

teknitroxdiver:
So he/you are catching crabs too? Palancar is in the park. Whoops!

I got proof too. So I was thinking over the weekend and though a post to boycott Pascual's dive op would be appropriate so I started looking for some photos to post as evidence. Not only did I find some good ones, but but I also made a connection with the Extreme_Scuba above with Chris (aschburner) who apparently went on this fish molesting, law breaking all out extravaganza in Cozumel together striking up a deal with Pascual for getting the word out about his operation.

To save everyone time from sorting through the huge mass of bad pictures, not just because they depict people deliberately and illegally handling fish in a protected marine environment but because they are poorly exposed, terribly composed, out of focus and filled with a lot of backscatter. Also as proof that I didn't just pluck them from someone else's site but since it is pretty common knowledge that handling fish is poor etiquette and generally frowned upon it would be a tall order.

Please be warned: The follow images may be disturbing.

Molested crab being held by appendages and the crab didn't even realize it was crab season! Why would he or even have natural protective instincts against human? Maybe its because he's in a protected marine reserve!
crab.jpg

We've all seen Pascual and Chris handle the Trunkfish but unfortunately it didn't end there. With Pascual being the swell kind of DM he is made sure that EVERY paying and hopefully tipping diver got an opportunity to break the law and molest a Trunkfish! BTW notice the diver's octo and spg dangling. I would have hated to been in the wake of Pascual's group of experienced (according to Chris) divers. Looks like cattle boat divers to me!
trunkfish.jpg

Chris's Photos - Cozumel, Mexico April 2009/IMAG0240

Queen Angelfish in what looks like a choke-hold. Didn't know Pascual was into wrestling!?!? With all due respect to the lady pictured above with her octo and spg dangling... you saw your awesome DM, Pascual doing it so you just followed along like cows to the slaughter.
queen%20angel.jpg

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel, Mexico card 2/Cozumel card 2 035.jpg

This guy Pascual, really cannot keep his hands off stuff.
conch.jpg

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel, Mexico card 2/Cozumel card 2 070.jpg

Since when did Cozumel open up a petting zoo? My daughter is going to love it next month there!
turtle.jpg

Chris's Photos - Cozumel, Mexico April 2009/IMAG0265

... or perhaps not what with all the drinking and driving going on! These guys really do think laws only apply to the locals. BTW, pictured is our newcomer Extreme_Scuba who joined just to make one post defending his buddy's skewed perception of what signifies a good DM or Dive op.
dnd.jpg

http://gallery.burndog.net/images/Cozumel, Mexico/Cozumel, Mexico card 2/Cozumel card 2 044.jpg

So I intially saw Extreme_Scuba's post above thinking finally some credibility for Pascual but reading the post which appeared to be written at an 8th grader's literacy level, it reminded me too much of aschburner leading me to think there was a connection between the two... and sho'nuff there is:

Extreme_Scuba's profile page and photo:
c2.jpg

A photo I found in aschburner's photo album that he openly and publicly shared. Oops! Guess he shouldn't have shared it with his pal after telling him that everyone here on SB is picking on him and that he needed create an account and post an awesome review of their trip to help give him and Pascual some credibility.
c122.jpg

I think not! Now both of you, go away and tell Pascual that you are sorry for ruining his business. Better yet, tell him he needs to get into another line of business because it's apparent that he's a terrible DM... one that I will warn against when anyone asks about him.

Last edited:
Well, i do have connections with the nice folks over @ Semarnat, Profepa and Conanp (the nice folks who manage the national park), and I will be sending the link for this thread as well as the photos collected from both Pascual's and Chris's galleries. I am sure they will have lots of fun looking at them and thinking of all the nice things they can do with them. There is no room for a DO that breaks the rules like that. So as much as I will look (and maybe even feel) like an a$$h..e for saying this, I hope he gets his permits pulled for pulling this $..t:guillotine:

as far as you being an "advanced" diver, i highly doubt it... an advanced diver would show respect for the environment...

It's going to be wonderfully ironic if because of a spam thread started to promote an op, that op gets put out of business by the park.

I've tried to be lenient in my thots here, like maybe a poster with a poor attitude, but the Op might be ok - but I think the evidence is overwhelming and the jury is in: Hang 'em all!
burr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom