"Say hello to my little friend"-Pascual!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You managed to come accross it and so did I.
Duh!! Only because you resurrected it and brought it back into the 'New posts' .... you must have really had to go searching for this if Pascual hasn't been mentioned for 6 years! :rofl3::rofl3:

I read the title to this post and well.... Gotta get my mind out of the gutter!

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. My photo Gallery is at Chris's Photos - Home . I am an advanced diver. Hopefully you can get an idea of my experiences based on my photos. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Yes it is, and your profile picture tells us that you don't respect the marine environment.

Further to Christi's comment, you might want to delete photos of you, friend and DM holding fish (incl on your profilr and on Pascal's website). I'm not sure how the photos show you are an advanced diver but you logged dives would tend to support that statement. Not much in the way of macro shots. Does Pascal point out the very small critters to you, or is that just not something you are interested in? I think you would probably have better success photo-wise shootng small, close-up stuff as you will have much better light than some of the shots in your gallery which are several feet away from subject. (Although I must admit I only looked at your Coz shots.)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I did a little house cleaning in this thread and split some posts out into a new thread in the marketplace section.

Thanks for all your feedback. I assure you that no animal was harmed while shooting the photos Good luck to all of you.

???????????????? You really don't get it do you?

IT"S NEVER OK TO CATCH AND PLAY WITH THE FISH!!!! How would you like it if someone 100 times your size picked you up and started manhandling you to take pictures of you? And the photo of you petting the turtle...that too is unacceptable - whether you think you are hurting them or not.

Not to mention that the marine park rules SPECIFICALLY state that this activity is strictly prohibited - and your good buddy Pascual KNOWS better than this - it's totally unacceptable! But as an "experienced" diver, you should already know that without a marine park rule being written in black and white.

You've done MUCH more harm than good to Pascual's business.

Further to Christi's comment, you might want to delete photos of you, friend and DM holding fish (incl on your profilr and on Pascal's website). I'm not sure how the photos show you are an advanced diver but you logged dives would tend to support that statement. Not much in the way of macro shots. Does Pascal point out the very small critters to you, or is that just not something you are interested in? I think you would probably have better success photo-wise shootng small, close-up stuff as you will have much better light than some of the shots in your gallery which are several feet away from subject. (Although I must admit I only looked at your Coz shots.)

I am glad that these photos WERE posted. And since pictures are worth a thousand words, this is a story with all the facts required to draw a matter of fact conclusion. The moral of the story.... shows what NOT to do.

Unfortunately, there are folks that don't get it and feel rules or policies do not apply to them. Compassion and consideration is also something that is out of reach for some. And what is especially unfortunate is that some folks won't listen to reason either. Sadly, it seems like a lot of this has been happening on the boards. Maybe it's something with the "ME" way of thinking that we all see too much of these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom