Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic (East Coast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add one more to the list. My friend Sandra (who is a non-active member of SB), loves to dive the bridge. I urged her to join us, and she'll meet more bridge diving buddies. She'll be coming by land. Also, her significant other, Dan Volker, may join us as well. If so, he'll be coming by sea. Put them down for some type of snacking munchies.

I got the tanks filled at ForceE this AM. One of the employees dove BHB this morning.

Water temp this AM 74F.

I have the location and line on 3-4 Frogfish and another 1-2 Seahorses :cool2:

I'll be arriving at BHB between 7:40 and 7:50 AM on Saturday. I'll be setting up my gear, and will be in the water between 8:10-8:20 AM (I know locations of interest that lie outside the incoming current. If you want to join me, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I'll have my flag (Full sized dive flag with a Shark in one corner and the "NDA - Nekkid Diver's Association" in the other corner) it should be easy to spot. It's larger than anyone else's dive flag (Yes, I am compensating!)

Walter and Nancy will probably have Walter's flag, which is easy to distinguish because under the dive flag is a pirate flag. Walter, Nancy and Marvel will be staying here at Ches Krista. We'll probably all be together on arrival Saturday morning.

I plan to exit the water between 10:00 and 10:10 AM unless I get bored, or run out of camera charge on the dive :wink: (It has happened before on this dive)

NOTE: I am a solo diver. This is a shallow shore dive. You do NOT have to stay with me if you enter with me. When I find cool stuff, I try to point it out to the nearest diver(s). If you start with me and want to go on your own at any point, get cold or want to leave the water... that's fine. Please don't "expect" I will follow you. The deepest depth is ~20' with vis top-to-bottom. I will probably just wave bye-bye and go on taking pictures :wink:. If you are comfortable with that scenario, great! If not, please buddy with another diver who feels as you do. I don't even mind buddy groups tagging along and going their own way after a while, or staying with me to the end. I'm that easy to dive with, just don't "expect" that I will be a "buddy". Think of me as more of a guide who is not in charge of you as a diver :cool2:

If there are any non-diving folk who will be there in the early morning with us, we might want to squat on a picnic location away from the beach area. That will help insure we have a place to hang out after the dive

See you all there tomorrow!

Oh, I woke up 3 times last night with the smell of cooking pulled pork permeating the house. I also found Sonny's Sweet Sauce over at Wally World... Yes, I tried some pork this morning... mmmm... OK, there's only 8 lbs of pork left :D

We decided to go on a boat trip tomorrow so we won't be at the BHB. Have fun!

I have the location and line on 3-4 Frogfish and another 1-2 Seahorses :cool2:

I'll be setting up my gear, and will be in the water between 8:10-8:20 AM (I know locations of interest that lie outside the incoming current. If you want to join me, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I'll have my flag.

I plan to exit the water between 10:00 and 10:10 AM unless I get bored, or run out of camera charge on the dive :wink: (It has happened before on this dive)

NOTE: I am a solo diver. Think of me as more of a guide who is not in charge of you as a diver :cool2:

Yes, I tried some pork this morning... mmmm... OK, there's only 8 lbs of pork left :D

Jim, Mr. Lee and I are car pooling and should arrive no later than 8am. I've never seen a frog fish so I would like to tag along (if Mr. Lee doesn't mind) and see if we spot one. I have no problem returning your waive goodbye if, at anytime, we should decide to separate during the dive.

The Pork: Stop eating it. Your promise of BBQ pulled pork was the reason I decided to get up at the crack of *** to make it :no::kiss2::D

BTW, anyone have a headcount? I purchased buns, rolls, and the paperstuff... but dunno if I got enough.

That's fine. No guarantees, but I've seen the pictures taken from today and some past weeks. I've not run into a Frogfish either. I'll be taking a lot of pictures if I spot them!

I stopped eating the pork
14.gif

Now, I'm beginning work on tonight's dinner, Enchilada Casserole

But, it's not a closed dive or party...

Come join us. Look at this list and bring something you think we still need!
---

Last count I have is 24-29 people (Includes those who have had to cancel)!

Wow! That's 20+ more than I thought would be interested. I can't wait to see everyone! :D
---

It's already grown beyond my projection. I thought 5 or 6 of us might like to get together... Ooops!

Recap of what's coming to the dive so far...

BBQ pulled pork
Fresh fruit
Homemade Cole slaw
(2) Turkeys
mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping
mashed potatoes
homemade cranberry chutney
Fryer (With oil)
bread (buns, rolls)
shrimp: peel- eat -dip!

Desserts
LARGE Pumpkin Pie
cranberry pumpkin muffins
Some type of dessert

Condiments
plastic (forks, knives, plates)

Drinks
Some pop
Some water
Some discrete libation

Other:
some beach chairs
1 folding card table
tanks for Letterboy and company
10x10 folding pavilion
trash bags

Should be a really nice pot luck!

There has been a suggestion to move to one of the outer pavilion areas after we surface to hold the picnic. We'll have someone there to hold a pavilion area for our picnic

We have a backup location for the picnic if the weather does not cooperate
---

See you there!

YAY getting ready to leave . .. anyone need anything, I can always stop and pick it up. . .

John

The dives were awesome! Temps in the 70's on the bottom, vis was 20 to 30'. Sunny and warm St the picnic area!

Btw lotas hot chicks riding by on the boats!
Posted via Mobile Device

We have had an awesome day! Water temp was toasty, critters were everywhere, viz was great. And the food, OUTSTANDING!!!!!! The company wan't bad either. Except for letterboy... Who insisted on being hand fed peeled shrimp.:):)
Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom