Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic (East Coast)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:

Oh, and I'll also bring a bunch of trash bags. We never seem to have enough of them. I'm sure the park would appreciate us not leaving their trash bins overflowing.
There's a "Why are you still single" thread out there. Everyone was posting how they were still single this morning, until I wrote that I got married last night and would have to leave the thread... Fire storm of PMs and emails...

Is there a wind direction they will cause it to be “undivable” at BHB?

I love the PEOPLE of ScubaBoard! I've only been diving a little over a year, but I've never known of BHB being undivable any time I planned on going there. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a time. Hopefully someone who knows more about winds can answer this one.

There's a "Why are you still single" thread out there. Everyone was posting how they were still single this morning, until I wrote that I got married last night and would have to leave the thread... Fire storm of PMs and emails...

Thanks for the clarification. For a moment, I was worried that you were leaving Krista at home. :shocked2:

And one more thing. It was suggested (on another thread) that foil pans and carving utensils are handy to have. Not to mention leftover containers. Just mentioning this. :popcorn:

Winds are usually only a factor because the cause waves. The factors that cause big waves are wind speed (the faster the wind, the bigger the waves), duration of wind (a wind blowing at 20 knots for 3 days will produce bigger waves than one blowing at 20 knots for 20 minutes), and distance over water the wind has traveled (a 20 knot wind blowing across the ocean will produce bigger waves than one blowing from land to a dive site 1 mile off shore). The good news is Blue Heron is in the intercoastal. The mainland blocks a west wind, Singer Island blocks an east wind, Peanut Island and Palm Beach blocks a south wind and Singer Island blocks a north wind. We won't have a wind blowing over the water for any distance before reaching the dive site. Of course, if a wind is blowing so hard over the ocean that it send a tidal wave over Singer Island, all bets are off.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom