Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It worked out so well last year because everyone pitched in to make it a success...

Here we go again!

High tide schedule - 4:43 PM

Entering the water 3:35 PM - 3:50 PM, diving Blue Heron Bridge (water temp - 75 - 78F) ... last year's morning bottom temp was 75

Exit the water 5:30 PM - 5:45 PM....
----

The park is open until 10:00 PM, so...

Picnic Party to follow the dives (it will be over before 10 PM or we continue it at KBeck's place!)

I'll bring BBQ Pulled Pork...

Anyone else interested?
Can we update this? I invited a friend to join me but I know that we found out the park closes at sunset. What time are we supposed to arrive with food, and then eat? Thanks in advance. :kiss2:

Attendees
Vital Supplies:
Walter & Nancy - fryer & oil
scubajohn69--tables!
LJMongy +2 paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags

Main Courses:
Sandy(jupitermermaid) - 1 turkey, Chipotle Mac N Cheese
ctx120 + 1 - turkey
joystershell ---Ham
CoolTech--pulled pork

Sides and stuff, desserts:
speargirl (Becky) + 2 boys - corn on the cob; chips;
DennisW & Donna---vegetable tray & Dip
Krista - salsa & chips; oil; injector (courtesy of Joystershell); tablecloths; marinades
Brian (deepstops) - 20 2-liters of soda & rum
Dennis S - Stuffing (lots)
aprxh--rolls and brownies
Scuba_Jenny & Julie- pies
Bulla Family--2 adults, 3 rugrats (pies with Jenny)
DebbyDiver + 1 adult, 2 kids -- 2 burner propane stove, 2 pots, couple of extra chairs, shrimp rings + ???

Unknown:
Showboat & Joni--
deeper thoughts & spouse--
Shark Bait (Kevin) & Jacynth--

leo5591--
zaberman1 + ? -- ?
MB -
Reef + wife --

Tentative

scubagirlfl
imwright1985
billmackbarnes

Additional supplies always handy: trashbags, cheap tablecloths, cups, napkins, long-handled grill tools for turkey; turkey knife; large turkey tins to put them on after being cooked. I don't think anyone has claimed gravy for turkey if anyone wants to take a go at that.

For those who aren't familiar with Phil Foster park, attached is pic with circle and "X" for about where the pavilions are where we intend to set up. When you enter the park, just hang left and go back as far as you can that way. You should run into the pavillion area.

Who did I miss; what did I get wrong? Let me know and I'll correct....... :):D
My changes in red. Can we update this on the first post as well, and there may be things I missed...I only updated my own. Hey does anyone like cole slaw? That seems to be a missing item, my guest can bring that.

No need for updates to the first post now. Everyone is reading toward the end...

We're having a a pot-luck picnic and then diving Blue Heron Bridge.

People will begin arriving around 8:30 AM to get the oil started. We'll get the place cleaned up from the picnic before we enter the water around 3:30 PM

If you haven't decided what to bring, look at the list Debby quoted and pick something to bring.

Even if you don't bring something, be sure to come out and enjoy the day/dive with us!
----

See you there!

And, we need to all thank Valhalla, who although he couldn't attend, kept his committment to contribute to our feast. Thanks to him, our beverages are covered, Rum, Coke products and limes, not to mention the Super Hamster!

No need for updates to the first post now. Everyone is reading toward the end.
I tend to disagree, would it be that hard to update the first post with the times that people are arriving, are eating, and are diving? I tried reading a few pages of this thread and it grew tedious and I didn't get the answer, and wasn't able to share it with my guest. Thanks so much!

I'm picking up shrimp rings today and I'll see what else strikes my fancy, maybe coleslaw, I'm not good at planning parties so I'm not real sure what's "missing".

Would you say that people who are not cooking should arrive at 11?

TANKS a lot...

p.s. Sandy if I arrive at 11 with pots and stove is that time enough?

No need for updates to the first post now. Everyone is reading toward the end...

We're having a a pot-luck picnic and then diving Blue Heron Bridge.

People will begin arriving around 8:30 AM to get the oil started. We'll get the place cleaned up from the picnic before we enter the water around 3:30 PM

If you haven't decided what to bring, look at the list Debby quoted and pick something to bring.

Even if you don't bring something, be sure to come out and enjoy the day/dive with us!
----

See you there!

Woah thats totally the opposite from the first post.
First post says
The park is open until 10:00 PM, so...

Picnic Party to follow the dives (it will be over before 10 PM or we continue it at KBeck's place!)
I've been directing people to the first post and if I don't get in contact with them they won't be there at the right time.
I also need to know what time the eating starts so I can be on time with my food and still get my tank filled.

Unfortunately, there are no moderators or advisors about to update the first post. We will be having our picnic mid-day, in order to have our area cleaned-up and packed away prior to divers hitting the water, as early as 3:30 pm. Yes, there will be folks at the park early in the morning, to clean-up/set-up the picnic area, and get the oil heating, for cooking the birds. That alone will take approximately 4 hours. Then, we have to allow time for the oil to cool down, before it can be safely stored. The non-divers will keep an eye on things then. Any other questions, go ahead and post them. I'm sure that someone will be keeping an eye this thread throughout the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom