Saturday After Thanksgiving Dive and Picnic @ Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oooooh! He can cook all the lion fish everybody kills! It tastes just like chicken.

MB:
I have a recipe that makes it taste just manatee!

Mmm. Manatee burgers. Is that what you're bringing to the party?

Mmmm, Florida Panther patties, manatee filets, bald eagle fritters, and Lionfish; all smoked over some fresh-cut mangrove wood. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. :popcorn:

Hey all,

We are looking for some great company for Thanksgiving since we are Aussies and don't have family here. Is there anywhere you can suggest we stay for the night close by and we'll bring something untraditional like non-alchohlic cider (lol)! We will have to bring our kids but they are 11 and 14 and we'll bring their electronics!!!!

Hey all,

We are looking for some great company for Thanksgiving since we are Aussies and don't have family here. Is there anywhere you can suggest we stay for the night close by and we'll bring something untraditional like non-alchohlic cider (lol)! We will have to bring our kids but they are 11 and 14 and we'll bring their electronics!!!!

Excellent, I look fwd to meeting y'all.

Where in Australia are you from??

Hey all,

So... we should put you down for Tim Tams? :wink:

EXCELLENT! I think your family wins the "greatest distance travelled" award! If you are truly planning to be here, I will make a special shirt for your "pod" and the ScubaBoard logo that you can wear when you are back to the upsidedown world!

PM me the sizes of your "pod"

So... we should put you down for Tim Tams? :wink:

EXCELLENT! I think your family wins the "greatest distance travelled" award! If you are truly planning to be here, I will make a special shirt for your "pod" and the ScubaBoard logo that you can wear when you are back to the upsidedown world!

PM me the sizes of your "pod"

I will most definitely bring Tim Tams if I can get them from World Market as we have eaten our supply from August!!

I will confirm with DH about our travel arrangements and then get back to you about shirt sizes, we love t-shirts....:D

Where is the best place to stay for Fri and Sat nights? We could camp or hotel it. Would prefer to be close to the Bridge as possible. I've no idea where Blue Heron Bridge is but I'll google it in the meantime. I think it's in the Palm Beach area...:confused:

Anyway, I'll start on my research. Just to confirm it's a Sat afternoon dive with tucker (sorry dinner) after at the bridge, right? Do we need to bring a table and chairs?:idk:

later...

I will most definitely bring Tim Tams if I can get them from World Market as we have eaten our supply from August!!
World Market carries them? Wow, I never knew!

clofty:
Where is the best place to stay for Fri and Sat nights? We could camp or hotel it. Would prefer to be close to the Bridge as possible. I've no idea where Blue Heron Bridge is but I'll google it in the meantime. I think it's in the Palm Beach area...:confused:
The immediate area is relatively depressed--not necessarily where you want to stay, especially with kids.

A few miles north on US 1 is a Super 8. Close enough for convenience, but far enough to be out of the unsavory areas.

For more money, you can head to the east and stay on Singer Island (closer, but more expensive). There's lots of little old mom-and-pop places on the island; search for "Palm Beach Shores" for those.
For the bigger chains, Marriott Ocean Pointe and the Hilton are going to be the biggest.

Avoid any hotel in Riviera Beach.

Anyway, I'll start on my research. Just to confirm it's a Sat afternoon dive with tucker (sorry dinner) after at the bridge, right? Do we need to bring a table and chairs?:idk:

later...
Yes, Saturday afternoon. As it gets closer we may start discussing whether to eat, then dive; or, dive, then eat. This particular dive site is entirely dependent on high tide. Tide is at @ 4:45 pm, so, we could go either way.

Table and chairs definitely not necessary. The park has pavilions with picnic tables. You may choose to bring folding chairs with you if you prefer.

Welcome aboard; I think you'll find us fun and open-minded; if a little on the nutty side from time to time!

Thanks for the great tips. I will talk to the other half.

As for the Tims Tams, your World Market may carry them and they may have a different name like Arnotts but check it out next time you're there.

:coffee:We are originally from Sydney, moved to LA, and then to Tallahassee. Were planning on short working vacation but been here now 8 years! Maybe moving back in June next year.

I'll check in later, cheers..

If you were running over the bridge from Singer Island, is there a dive shop off to the left somewhere, and a Treasury Drug not far from where you get off the bridge? (Like maybe ten years ago). I don't remember it being real seedy area at the time, but things change.

If you were running over the bridge from Singer Island, is there a dive shop off to the left somewhere, and a Treasury Drug not far from where you get off the bridge? (Like maybe ten years ago). I don't remember it being real seedy area at the time, but things change.

Yes, there is a dive shop, ForceE, just west of the tall span, on the south side of Blue Heron Blvd. Have no idea about a Treasury Drug.

Hey all,

Thanks for the great tips. I will talk to the other half.

As for the Tims Tams, your World Market may carry them and they may have a different name like Arnotts but check it out next time you're there.

:coffee:We are originally from Sydney, moved to LA, and then to Tallahassee. Were planning on short working vacation but been here now 8 years! Maybe moving back in June next year.

I'll check in later, cheers..
Hey! What is this bait-n-switch! :rofl3:

You said you were Aussies and now we find out you are actually crackers? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom