San Pedro hotel options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning out our Belize trip for next Feb and looking for opinions on accommodations in San Pedro. I'm a diver but my wife is not, so not interested in heading out to the atolls

Thanks
J

As a dive guide, I work/lived on A/C for 6 months or so but it's been awhile so just as reference look at "BlueTang" infront of "Wet Willy's",Sunset,Coconuts,or Paradise Villas. Watch out for "Big Daddy's" & Barefoot Skinny's,and Pisano! Dive with Billy at Hustlers Tours or Amigo del Mar. Have fun at "ladies Night" & "The Chicken Drop.

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Thanks KT, I'll check them out. Blue Tang was on our short list, but there are some reports of it being too loud at night. But not sure if the review was warranted.

J

We are staying at Tradwinds Paradise Villas next month, it too is right in front of Wet Willies. Great rate for a one bedroom condo with kitchen. I actually called about a poolside room for $99/night but they didn't have any available, so we "had to get" an oceanfront condo for $114/night. It's right on the "edge" of town, everything within walking distance. Best of both worlds really. Close enough to the center of town to walk everywhere but far enough away so you don't get mid-town noise. First stay at Paradise, but we've been to San Pedro before and know the layout. Paradise isn't 5 star like Phoenix next door to it, but it's a nice, clean little complex. We used to stay at the resorts on the north end. They are newer, but cost more and it was a little bothersome to catch a boat into the village. They come frequently, but if you're wife doesn't dive she's probably gonna want to explore the village at her leisure. And that's really why we've quit the north resorts. Our diving is over by 12:30 each day and my wife loves all the stalls, little shops and watching the kids play at the beach park in the evenings.

Check The Tides in the same area. A lovely natural place with its own in-house dive center (called Patojo's)..

victoria house was the first nice hotel on ambergris caye and imo is still the best. if your wife doesn't dive victoria house is the way to go. lovely hotel with some character, nice restaurant and bar, good friendly service, beautiful vistas and only 10 minutes bike ride from the center of san pedro. and for you, a top notch dive op.

I stayed at the Blue Tang two years ago. At that time, I had no problems with the noise level from any restaurant/bar. There was a guy living in the house across the road from the Blue Tang that would play with his electric guitar (and he was actually pretty good) but he stopped reasonably early (9pm ish). I've also stayed in Paradise Villas as well. It depends on what level of accommodation you want. Both Blue Tang Inn and Paradise Villas are what I would consider as mid-range places. You're at the top of the "downtown" area and close to restaurants and grocery stores as well as several dive shops.

Enjoy your trip!

Back
Top Bottom