Considering Belize!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, after a dozen or so trips to CZM, the wife suggested going back to Belize. we were last there 17 years ago where my daughter got certified @ Amigo Del Mar....

Questions?

We are looking for an ABNB (4 bedrooms/4 baths) walking distance to San Pedro and a dive shop to consider for this trip. January 2024.

Anyone have recent first hand experience to share for either?

At the same time we have a group of friends staying at Ramones....

TIA,

I really enjoyed the diving with Ched Cebral - owner of Reef Adventures. Small uncrowded boats... Sometimes it was just the 4 of us.
As far as accomodations, we stayed at Tradwinds condos, a short walk to Ched's dock and the new location of The Palapa Bar and Grill (same dock).

Any other dive ops to consider for 6 divers.

Looking for Steel 120/100 and Nitrox. Pickup up at dock of private home south of town.

Any thoughts?

Booked with Reef Adventures...

Amigo Del Mar never replied to multiple email/VM requests?

Booked and ready to get wet! Jan 20-27.

Rented a 5bdrm VRBO with pool/dock/outside kitchen and golf carts! Booked our dives with Reef Adventures. Got 100 Steel with Nitrox.

Water temps seems to be 81-82* which is good and bad....good as I don't care to wear wet suite, bad, bleaching issues!

JetBlue Non stop from JFK and then a puddle jumper to AC..8 am flight....UGH! :cool:

Anyone have recent experience's with restaurants they care to share on the island?

As most of you that know me, its been Cozumel every December since I can remember. We just thought to change it up a bit this trip. 14 years since Belize last. Our daughter earned her OW with Amigo's then!

TIA,

I can't help with restaurants but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the condition of the reefs when you get back. I was just in Belize a few weeks ago for the first time and thought the reefs were in really really bad shape. It was so bad I most likely won't go back. I have nothing to compare it to though so I'm interested in what others that have been there before think.

The bleaching issue is rampant across the Caribbean/world. Its no secret unfortunately with water temps increasing annually.

I understand it's widespread across the Caribbean but in the past year I've been to the Red Sea, Maldives and Indonesia and none of those places had bleaching even remotely close to Belize so I wouldn't say it's rampant across the world.

Well, that didn't go well! Arrived Saturday the 20th. dove on the 21st...one dive then weathered out the WHOLE week! Winds gusting to 25! UGH...

But in that one dive, we saw a lobster, black tip shark, a large Moray and a Bull shark heading right for me...then turned!

I got to relax though. Glad we had a large VRBO home with pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom