San MArcos River Clean Up Trashure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is what is posted on the city's website. Info is about the same.

Annual River Clean Up Coming April 2

Divers, families, students, businesses and civic clubs are invited to join us Saturday April 2, 2005 for our Annual Spring River Cleanup.

Registration will begin at 9:00 am in City Park and the clean up will conclude with BBQ at 3 p.m. Door prizes and plaques will be awarded to participants. Groups may compete in the following categories to win: the most bottles, cans, or shoes collected; largest group and most unusual item.

The Dive Shop and the City of San Marcos Parks and Recreation Department are sponsoring this annual event. For more information please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (512)393-8400

Here is another list of hotels Rv parks etc.around the area

http://www.sanmarcostexas.com/1339958_13751.htm

Phaze how many do you have on your list :06:

Hey guys, with the event being less than a week away now I have started wondering what tpye of wetsuit yall are wearing? Right now I own a 3 mill and have a pair of 2 mill gloves, I know the water is around 72 yearround, but do yall think this is enough protection? If not I'll just grab a hood from the dive shop here before I leave. Thanks!

trust me dude, the hood may be a little much. I went last year and at first had my 6mil farmer john but just used the jacket and i was sweating while in the water. i had to flush the suit to stay cool. my second and thrid dives were bare with just swim trunks. Of course cold doesnt bother me too much. i imagine a 3mil woul dbe fine and gloves only because of the nature of most of the trash.

parrotheaddiver:
Registration will begin at 9:00 am in City Park and the clean up will conclude with BBQ at 3 p.m. Door prizes and plaques will be awarded to participants. Groups may compete in the following categories to win: the most bottles, cans, or shoes collected; largest group and most unusual item.

So does this mean we are not registering at the LDS or is the City Park in the same location? (Ref the map listed further up thread)

Michael Freeman:
So does this mean we are not registering at the LDS or is the City Park in the same location? (Ref the map listed further up thread)

If you are refering to DEE's map that is City Park/Lion's Club tube rental.That is where the registration and BBQ will be it is right next to the river. LDS is across town and they with the city of San Marcos are putting this on. They will have volunteers behind several long tables with signup sheets tell them you are with The Texas Swamp Divers they will give you the sheet and you will put your name on it.

We plan on being there around 8:30am I will be will Dee and Doug.

Here is my earlier post for directions

City Park--Lions club tube rental

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok if you are coming in from the North or South on I-35 take the Aquarena Springs Drive exit (Dee same exit you took when you came to my house) go West on Aquarena Springs Dr. toward town. When you get past Bobcat Stadium (College stadium) Look for CHARLES AUSTIN (Bobcat Dr.) take a left at the light (only direction you can turn).

As you approach the railroad tracks (about 1/2 block) take a right on Jowers, it will look like you are turning into a alley but it is actually a road by then you should see the signs saying City Park Lions Club tube rental. It is only one way in so just follow the rd. You will dead in into the park parking lot. The registration is behind the tube rental building but there will be a lot of cars so you will be able to find it.

I made an edit to this post because I forgot they changed the name of Bobcat Dr to Charles Austin. When you get past the stadium it will be the first light you come to. Make a left (it is the only way you can turn)

Is anyone going down fromt he Georgetown/Round Rock area. My brother bailed on me so i may need a ride. RRDiver do you have a car/truck/van/bus anything?

parrotheaddiver:
If you are refering to DEE's map that is City Park/Lion's Club tube rental.That is where the registration and BBQ will be it is right next to the river. _

For some reason I started to think it was a map to the LDS, but after you said the Lion's club tube rental it came back to me. The 'City Park' is what throw me off.

See ya Saturday.

Thanks,

Yeah I have a truck, but I need to talk to my dive buddy about whose driving down there, considering gas is now 2 dollars a gallon and my truck only gets 14 mpg :) But yeah Ill talk to him tomorrow and send you a PM with what the deal is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom