San MArcos River Clean Up Trashure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Thread has me way distressed! In a fit of poor planning - I've got a OW class that I'm taking to Aquarena this weekend.

So - While you're all signing up and trashing - I'll have the latest set of new folks doing their skills in the Theater.

Feel free to drop by and/or rub it in! Have a good dive!

parrotheaddiver:
Hey.... anyone out there still coming[ :06:

Yep! We'll be there, we're at the hotel now................goodnite.........

TruckDiver:
Yep! We'll be there, we're at the hotel now................goodnite.........

Look for our red Tahoe tx dive sticker... Dee forgot her sign...we will be there around 9:00 or earlier.

WE had a great turnout from the Swampers. I think we had around 12 Swampers and a few add ons to our group. Saw some familar faces Truckdriver (Kevin)and Shelia. Android (Andy) DEE and Beast (Doug). met some new folks AWAP (Gary) we all laughed and loved your board name. ScubaCarl (Carl). MichaelFreeman ? RRDIVER ? Ikirgan ?
and a couple of folks not on the board. Sorry if I left anyone one out and couldn't remember your name it's the age thing.

Dee is going to try and help me with the pictures here since I am a computer moron.

Some of our folks won some prizes. In our group one of the guys won the scientific course at Aquarena whic IMO was a great prize, sorry I know it was one of our younger members, which I would like to say you two young guys were great to hang out with us old folks.

Truckdriver won a DAN safety pocket guide, Beast won a am/fm shower radio, Android won a gift cert. from a local restuarant, who else won from our group?? It was a great day with great weather. Enjoyed and we hope to see everyone next year.

parrotheaddiver:
WE had a great turnout from the Swampers. I think we had around 12 Swampers and a few add ons to our group. Saw some familar faces Truckdriver (Kevin)and Shelia. Android (Andy) DEE and Beast (Doug). met some new folks AWAP (Gary) we all laughed and loved your board name. ScubaCarl (Carl). MichaelFreeman ? RRDIVER ? Ikirgan ?
and a couple of folks not on the board. Sorry if I left anyone one out and couldn't remember your name it's the age thing.

Dee is going to try and help me with the pictures here since I am an computer moron.

Some of our folks won some prizes. In our group someone won the scientific course at Aquarena sorry I know it was one of our younger members which I would like to say you two young guys were great to hang out with us old folks.

Truckdriver won a DAN safety pocket guide, Beast won a am/fm shower radio who else won from our group?? It was a great day with great weather. Enjoyed and we hope to see everyone next year.

Congrats to the Southern clan of Swampers,,,,nice turn-out it sounds like!!!

I heard it was a good turnout, some of my fellow SMART team members were there and relayed stories of a great time!! I was in Galveston for a wedding, I also had a good time but wished I could have attended the event!!

Beast and I had a great time, thanks to Ann for being the perfect host! Diving the river was an experience, to say the least. Sort of like riding the currents in Cozumel through a kelp forest. I'd like to do it again without so many divers digging in the muck for trashure.

Sure wish the rest of you Swampers could have been there.

Here's a few of the photos that Ann took of the festivities....

I have to say. I had a great time diving with the swampers, and meeting the people behind the screen names. I would also like to thank Ann, Dee and Doug for making me feel so welcome in the swamp divers. I look forward to diving with you all again.

dive safe
Carl

I had a fun morning. I want to thank the local dive shop for opening up for me to buy a new mask. It saved my weekend of diving!

This was my first experience in the San Marcos river. I never expected so much jungle like enviornment. Between the current and the plants, it was really a challange to get to the riverbed to pick up trash.

It was also nice to meet other people. I hope to see many of you again soon.

Burleigh

Smonster and I had a good time also, it felt good to get back in the water as I had not dove since October.
For those of you who haven't dove the San Marcos, it was pretty cool. Great visibility, healthy enviroment and the current makes for a really neat ride!
I do believe we'll be back! :wink:

Phazeshyft! Dude! Sorry you couldn't make it, after all this was your idea!
Perhaps we could meet down at the river or Travis sometime soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom