San MArcos River Clean Up Trashure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Parrotheaddiver I'lll look up that thread and check out Leisure Park campground. My kids don't like picking up trash around the house so I can just imagine them picking up trash else where. But then again they do enjoy helping their friends clean up. I should say they enjoy cleaning up anywhere but a home so they might enjoy claening up there. May be I should bring a group of their friends and they can all clean the bank.

Froglady:
Thanks Parrotheaddiver I'lll look up that thread and check out Leisure Park campground. My kids don't like picking up trash around the house so I can just imagine them picking up trash else where. But then again they do enjoy helping their friends clean up. I should say they enjoy cleaning up anywhere but a home so they might enjoy claening up there. May be I should bring a group of their friends and they can all clean the bank.

The link is on page four of this thread. Sorry I was in a rush and didn't look it up.
Yeah I don't know any kids that enjoy picking up or cleaning up anything. Oh well they can always swim or bring floats and just enjoy the river. Tell them that they do have to sign up and pick up a few things to qualify for the free BBQ and a ticket to possibly winning a great prize. I won a reg last year.

Hey guess well Im extremely interested in this dive but I have no equipment. Does the diveshop provide that (including air)? I sure hope so but yall guys said it was free so hopefully so! Hopefully I can convince my dive buddy to go also.

RRDiver:
Hey guess well Im extremely interested in this dive but I have no equipment. Does the diveshop provide that (including air)? I sure hope so but yall guys said it was free so hopefully so! Hopefully I can convince my dive buddy to go also.

You will need to rent your equip. My suggestion is to rent it from you lds unless you are here on the Friday before the cleanup and you can rent it from The Dive Shop here in San Marcos. There will probably not be anytime before things get going to rent your equip. on Sat.

When I mention free I mean the cleanup itself, the meal they serve after the cleanup and the prizes The Dive Shop gives away. Last year all participates got ball caps w/logo of the cleanup.

OK, i would like to get a head count of all that are planning to go and how many you are bringing. if you are planning on going please email me at
phazeshyft@gmail.com
:icosm12: and put 'San Marcos' in the subject line. :icosm12:

ok, less than two weeks. i gotta dig my gear outta storage
Cant wait to see you all there.

you can PM me if you have Instant messengers
Yahoo = phazeshyft
AIM = Phazeshyft76
MSN = tocopheryl@hotmail.com
or email
phazeshyft@gmail.com

there will plenty of buddies to go around

:icosm12: IMPORTANT :icosm12:
Hotels are filling up. if you are staying the night friday or saturday in San Marcos you need to call NOW to get a room. if you cant you may need to stay in another town nearby. Austin isnt far for those that enjoy partying the night before a dive. Seguin is very close and usually better on hotel rates since everyone forgets its there.

cant wait to get there :snorkels:

Back
Top Bottom