Rusty cylinders-need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you notice that they can achieve a pressure dewpoint of 37-41 deg F? This is entirely inline with what I have been saying. An expert such as yourself must have some air tests that have been returned to you. Mind posting one?
Are you using a refrigerated dryer?

Are you using a refrigerated dryer?
Yes, I added one when I got little rust spots after transporting tanks through cold weather.

Reactions: Cio
So can alumina be oven dried?
Not sure what you are asking.
The alumina itself can't be over dried but the use of alumina often is over drying the air.
Let's say you need -5F dew point air. Your alumina is going to give you between -60F and -40F dew point air which is over drying but you don't have much of a choice because of the properties of the available drying equipmemt. You could mix the air with a control system but that would only male sense if you required large quantities.

Yes, I added one when I got little rust spots after transporting tanks through cold weather.
No one in the breathing air industry would use refrigerated dryers on SCUBA or any high is pressure breathing air system. As I said, not because of the breathing air spec.

Does your equipment produce "breathing quality" as per the spec you referred to? Yes it does.

Because your equipment is not set up as per the industry standard you get corrosion in your tanks. If a professional sold you this setup, you were misled by someone who doesn't know what their doing. If you took it upon yourself to set it up this way, you did it wrong. Not the worst wrong you could do, you wouldn't hurt yourself from your setup but you have caused a corrosive environment for your equipment to degrade in.

Silica gel, put it in a tray in the oven for 6 ish hrs and it ready to be used again,
Does alumina dry the same way?
or is it more fussy?
PS my compressor is not conventional,
and do my drying differently,,,

No one in the breathing air industry would use refrigerated dryers on SCUBA or any high is pressure breathing air system. As I said, not because of the breathing air spec.

Does your equipment produce "breathing quality" as per the spec you referred to? Yes it does.

Because your equipment is not set up as per the industry standard you get corrosion in your tanks. If a professional sold you this setup, you were misled by someone who doesn't know what their doing. If you took it upon yourself to set it up this way, you did it wrong. Not the worst wrong you could do, you wouldn't hurt yourself from your setup but you have caused a corrosive environment for your equipment to degrade in.
Still convinced that scuba air at 3500 has a -60 f dewpoint?

Silica gel, put it in a tray in the oven for 6 ish hrs and it ready to be used again,
Does alumina dry the same way?
or is it more fussy?
PS my compressor is not conventional,
and do my drying differently,,,
You can just pass dried air over it at lower pressure and it will regen. Look up PSA dryers.

I am convinced yours is not.
Still convinced scuba air at 3500 has a -60 dewpoint?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom