Rough Seas and the ladder attack!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey.... Clayjar and Eckybay... just so you know... I really DID wear my ISOSAD sweatshirt on the boat. See... I did get to spread the word! Of course... that was between my bouts of fish feedings! LOL

erparamedic:
Hey.... ClayJar and Eckybay... just so you know... I really DID wear my ISOSAD sweatshirt on the boat. See... I did get to spread the word! Of course... that was between my bouts of fish feedings! LOL
Hmm... hey, ecky, you think we could get some special ISOSAD shirts printed with the logo on the *back* for those of us who have joined the Brotherhood of Amphibious Rail Feedings (BARF)? :D

ClayJar:
Hmm... hey, ecky, you think we could get some special ISOSAD shirts printed with the logo on the *back* for those of us who have joined the Brotherhood of Amphibious Rail Feedings (BARF)? :D

LOL - That might be possible!

Better watch out - soon there will be more logos than sides of shirts.:no

And I am so not going to do a google image search to find stuff to cannibalized for that logo....

ClayJar:

:rofl3: I love it! I'll work on that when I get a chance and let you know when I have them in the Cafepress store!:rofl3:

eckybay:
LOL - That might be possible!

Better watch out - soon there will be more logos than sides of shirts.:no

And I am so not going to do a google image search to find stuff to cannibalized for that logo....

Hey.... I've got plenty of "fresh" ideas for that logo! I did lots of it last Wednesday... :D

Oh... and to stay on topic... uh... the bruise on my knee is long and narrow... kinda shaped like the rung of the ladder! :)

Charlie99:
Best wishes for a fast recovery, Erparamedic; hopefully this won't worsen your existing knee problems.

Thanks! I appreciate your well wishes. Honestly, I'm fine... just a tad more sore than usual. No biggie, really.:)

DennisW:
Ladders can be dangerous if you haven't had proper training (sometimes even if you have) on how to get your fins off at the ladder an climb up sans fins. Walter taught me how years ago and every time I followed a Captain or DM's advise and not Walter's, it didn't work. You dump all of the air from our BC, straight arm the bottom rung of the ladder with one hand, take off your fin with the other, then loop the fin strap on your arm. Repeat for the other fin. After you get your fins off, you can then climb the ladder with your feet. It isn't always easy, but it works better than any other method I have tried. A wildly swinging ladder can fling you off the back of the boat and if you have given your fins to the DM, you have no means to swim back to the boat. I keep my fins until I have sat down. If you try to walk with fins on in rough seas, you may end up with a flat nose.

Thanks DennisW for the best post in this discussion... I ubfortunately had to learn this the hard way myself!
Listened to the DM (who told me to hold onto the platform and take off my fins in 5-7' seas)and ended up getting slammed up against the bottom of the boat. Now I have lovely scars along my leg to show for it.
If I'd had this advice before I would've known not to listen to the DM. Pretty much all I do is boat diving in any seas and this method for getting back on the boat is the only way to go!

dldiver:
Thanks DennisW for the best post in this discussion... I ubfortunately had to learn this the hard way myself!
Listened to the DM (who told me to hold onto the platform and take off my fins in 5-7' seas)and ended up getting slammed up against the bottom of the boat. Now I have lovely scars along my leg to show for it.
If I'd had this advice before I would've known not to listen to the DM. Pretty much all I do is boat diving in any seas and this method for getting back on the boat is the only way to go!

Wow... you've been attacked by a ladder too. I think it's probably more common than most would like to say! I have to say though... I prefer seas that are less than 4'. Not just because of wildly swinging ladders... but for the fish feeding issues too! LOL

Glad you are also ok.

erparamedic:
Wow... you've been attacked by a ladder too. I think it's probably more common than most would like to say! I have to say though... I prefer seas that are less than 4'. Not just because of wildly swinging ladders... but for the fish feeding issues too! LOL

Glad you are also ok.
I am always being attacked by ladders, even in calm seas. I know I've had a good dive trip by the number bruises on my legs.:rofl3:

fairybasslet:
I am always being attacked by ladders, even in calm seas. I know I've had a good dive trip by the number bruises on my legs.:rofl3:

Hey... maybe you and I should go boat divin' together. We could compare bruises afterwards. Biggest bruise wins! LOL :rofl3:

Actually though... now that I think about it... that's the only ladder incident I've ever had... and it was on the way IN... not OUT! What's up with that?? LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom