Rolock dry glove system review and modification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some pics I took when I got mine, top pic, the suit side ring is in the lower left corner where you can see the thin o ring.
B4FC2C9B-5247-413E-889C-416D1E9C8553.jpeg

Rolock is less bulky than the ultima.
816C221B-B3EA-41C8-BDA0-92BC5EFDD9B1.jpeg

I wouldn't remove the o-ring on the suit side to lube it.

Just wondering why you would not remove it, as it comes out easy enough tbh.

Just wondering why you would not remove it
Possibility of damage, mostly. Didn't see the need for lube on the groove side since it seals via compression. If it got dirty or leaked, I'd pull it out, of course.

Is this the Rolock 90 or an oilder model? I still don't see any O-rings on mine
It’s the 90, it should be on the suit side right in the middle of the flat.

Oh okay, I finally see it! I was fixated on the inner part of that ring where the slot is. Well hopefully by leaving the glove attached for a few days as suggested will help compress the O-ring a bit. After a day, it seems a bit easier already but still not something I can do if I have a hand inside and then using the other hand to twist it on just yet.

Oh okay, I finally see it! I was fixated on the inner part of that ring where the slot is. Well hopefully by leaving the glove attached for a few days as suggested will help compress the O-ring a bit. After a day, it seems a bit easier already but still not something I can do if I have a hand inside and then using the other hand to twist it on just yet.

It is the inside hand that does the twisting. Make a fist with your hand wearing the glove and then twist your hand/wrist. Use the other hand only to steady the cuff ring.

Also, the Rolock 90 directions show to index the rings to a line through the middle finger of each hand. I mounted my rings so that the glove and cuff rings were indexed to the space between my thumb and forefinger...this worked much better for me compared to the stock setup.

-Z

Make sure you lubricate it. Definitely helps imho

Thanks for all your suggestions. Another question -- when the water gets warm enough and I don't need to wear the dry glove but still want to wear my drysuit with just 3 mm wet gloves for a dive, how do you folks feel about having that thin O-ring on the sleeves side exposed to the elements?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom