Rolock dry glove system review and modification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also be interested in detailed how to use with zip seals for the rolock system.

Lance, can you post a pic of your setup? I have a DUI suit, the zipped gloves are starting to leak, so I'm looking for alternatives where glove replacement is cheap. I've held off helping build artificial reefs to save my expensive zip gloves.

Sorry it's taken a while to post these pics. Here are the Rolock rings installed on DUI Zip Seals. Suit is a DUI CLX450 if that makes any difference.

A tip: mount the zipseal ring first, then mate the glove ring to it without attaching the glove. Mark the ring at the centerline of the back of your hand with a silver sharpie, etc., and continue that mark directly to the back of the glove worn with the excess tucked inside itself. This will give you a reference point for both how far onto the glove the ring needs to be and how it should be oriented relative to the ring.

Lance
Rolock-GloveAndRing.JPG Rolock-ZipsealAndRing-Front.JPG Rolock-ZipsealAndRing-Side.JPG Rolock-ZipsealAndRing-FrontTucked.JPG

Sorry it's taken a while to post these pics. Here are the Rolock rings installed on DUI Zip Seals. Suit is a DUI CLX450 if that makes any difference.

A tip: mount the zipseal ring first, then mate the glove ring to it without attaching the glove. Mark the ring at the centerline of the back of your hand with a silver sharpie, etc., and continue that mark directly to the back of the glove worn with the excess tucked inside itself. This will give you a reference point for both how far onto the glove the ring needs to be and how it should be oriented relative to the ring.

Lance
View attachment 573198 View attachment 573199 View attachment 573200 View attachment 573201

Can you change out the zip seals without removing the glove ring or do you have to remove the ring then do the seals?

Can you change out the zip seals without removing the glove ring or do you have to remove the ring then do the seals?

You can easily remove / reinstall the zip seal from / to the suit sleeve with the ring still attached. It takes <5 minutes to mount the suit-side ring on each zip seal once you’ve done it a couple of times.

The glove-side rings are tougher to change, but not bad. Recommend keeping a small plastic prying tool in your kit if you think you might change a glove in the field.

It’s a flexible setup that provides secondary protection against a suit flood by maintaining the wrist seal. I’ve been pretty happy with it.

Lance

@VsubT

Thanks for the photos and information.

Hey @divezonescuba

Hey do you sell these? I went to your website (at least what I thought was your website) to see how much you were selling these for. I figured if you are price competitive, I should provide you my business as I wouldn't have known about this option without your posts/information.

Let me know,
Kosta

We tried to become a dealer, but were unable. We are in the process of converting of our instructional drysuits to the rolock system. Since we earlier converted all of them to the sitech quick cuff and glove lock system, all we have to do is cut off the end of the quick cuff.

we have been buying all of our rolock systems from dive gear express on line.

We tried to become a dealer, but were unable. We are in the process of converting of our instructional drysuits to the rolock system. Since we earlier converted all of them to the sitech quick cuff and glove lock system, all we have to do is cut off the end of the quick cuff.

we have been buying all of our rolock systems from dive gear express on line.
Thanks for the update. In that case, I'll get a set from DGX as well. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, let me know.

Have mine about 5 years now, very robust system. Yep, keeping the sealing o ring well lubed really helps, as well as keeping it clean from debris. I find that if you store them attached to the suit, it prevents dirt getting on the seal and stops the o ring from going dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom