Question Rolock 90 cuff system with seaskin nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twistypencil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got the Rolock 90 glove system, and when I ordered the Seaskin Nova, I specified the SciTech Oval Cuff rings, as folks here said I should.

Now that I've received the suit and the rolock system, I've been putting it together. I've got the gloves fitted on, and then I went to see how to attach it to the suit, and I don't see how it will work. The silicon wrist seals are already on the suit and the Rolock piece that goes onto the suit isn't going to fit there. Am I doing something wrong, did I get the wrong cuff rings, or did seaskin put on the wrong thing?

Attachments

• signal-2024-07-20-120503_002.jpeg
    signal-2024-07-20-120503_002.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
  • signal-2024-07-20-120503_003.jpeg
    signal-2024-07-20-120503_003.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4
  • signal-2024-07-20-120503_004.jpeg
    signal-2024-07-20-120503_004.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3
  • signal-2024-07-20-120503_005.jpeg
    signal-2024-07-20-120503_005.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
No, you got correct rings. You need to pull out QCS rings and then put seals on Rolock rings and put them on.
There is a chance that Rolock rings are a tiny bit larger and will take some foul language to get them on.

No, you got correct rings. You need to pull out QCS rings and then put seals on Rolock rings and put them on.
There is a chance that Rolock rings are a tiny bit larger and will take some foul language to get them on.

The QCS rings seem sealed on the suit, how do I pull them off?!

Don't worry, it'll come out

Thanks for the video. Even with that, I couldn't figure it out for a while, but I finally got them to come out!

Am I correct that the oval rings that I took out (where the seals are), are *not* used if I am using the Rolocks?

Thanks for the video. Even with that, I couldn't figure it out for a while, but I finally got them to come out!

Am I correct that the oval rings that I took out (where the seals are), are *not* used if I am using the Rolocks?
Correct.
You remove seals from QCS, put them on Rolock and reassemble.
Like I said, there is a chance that Rolock rings are slightly bigger than QCS (that's a case for me), but you will get the hang of it.

Easiest tool for getting the QCS out is a plastic bicycle tire spoon. I keep one in my dive kit.
I can easily remove QCS with my fingers. Rolock is fighting me all the way, even with tire spoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom