Roller backpack with handle recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
Price was definitely a major factor with the Laguna. And the quality does seem to be great. Everything is nicely padded... the entire liner of the bag zips out... there are compression straps with buckles inside the main compartment... I can't find anyplace where they cut corners.

When he responded to my second question, about the weight of the removable "saddlebags", Bryan mentioned that there were other parts of the bag that were removable that might save additional weight; he may have been referring to the liner.

Marek, your comments about quality are very helpful; obviously that's the concern that bubbles to the top given the price.

SangP:
Hi,

I'm getting no response from sales support at ScubaL and it's been 4 days! All I'm asking is why the hell the shipping cost so much, if they can give me an answer I just might get a Laguna bag but they are loosing my business if they are so slow.

SangP

Hi SangP,

Thanks for your interest in our range of products. I've rechecked all mail boxes we receive customers' feedback but I don't find any inquiry for Laguna information from you. Instead, we have contacted you, ******** possiblly, about custom wetsuits. We try to reply customers instantly but due to the heavy work-load recently, some inquiries are delayed to the next day. However, we did reply ALL emails concerning our products and webstore services.

For the shipping fee, we are sorry about the high price as we can't help doing anything. We are trying to minimize shipping cost defined by DHL, and that is the best cost we can offer. Maybe we are earning for DHL, not us LOL.

scubaL Team:
Hi SangP,

Thanks for your interest in our range of products. I've rechecked all mail boxes we receive customers' feedback but I don't find any inquiry for Laguna information from you. Instead, we have contacted you, ******* possiblly, about custom wetsuits. We try to reply customers instantly but due to the heavy work-load recently, some inquiries are delayed to the next day. However, we did reply ALL emails concerning our products and webstore services.

For the shipping fee, we are sorry about the high price as we can't help doing anything. We are trying to minimize shipping cost defined by DHL, and that is the best cost we can offer. Maybe we are earning for DHL, not us LOL.

Hello ScubaL!

could you clarify if the Laguna truly has shoulder straps. It seems that the straps may have been a new addition to this bag. Is this true?

PugetDiver

scubaL Team:
Hi SangP,

Thanks for your interest in our range of products. I've rechecked all mail boxes we receive customers' feedback but I don't find any inquiry for Laguna information from you. Instead, we have contacted you, ******** possiblly, about custom wetsuits. We try to reply customers instantly but due to the heavy work-load recently, some inquiries are delayed to the next day. However, we did reply ALL emails concerning our products and webstore services.

scubaL Team,

I can understand how busy you can be but I've been waiting since the 16th of May for a reply on shipping.

I don't know if you read my mail carefully, I was asking about the high shipping costs for 2 suits to Singapore and I had not asked anything about the Laguna. I merely included the Laguna since, I might as well get a bag too if I had to pay such high shipping costs.

I'm a little frustrated at all this as I keep getting a standard reply from you guys that it's DHLs fault shipping is so high.

Very simply put, I DO NOT NEED 2 DAYS EXPRESS SHIPPING why do you guys insist that I use DHL Express shipping.

Strangely enough, Bryan mentioned that since, I live in Singapore, the custom suits can be shipped from Vietnam. Yet on TripleL site, there is NO MENTION of DHL only FedEx and UPS so, why mention DHL anyway?

http://store.triple-l.biz/

This is driving me nuts, you guys have not answered my questions about the shipping costs, insist that I use DHL express and have not even offered any alternative shipping company or slower types of shipping. I know that I'll love getting my stuff within 2 days but I don't need that speed and I do not want to pay $58.86 for that convenience.

What is going on?

SangP

Dear SangP,

First of all, although we have checked our email system very carefully and see that we haven't received any email from you since 16th, I apologize for the late in our reply. However, I will appreciate if you can check your mail box again to make sure if you typed the correct email address.

Regarding your custom wetsuits order, do you know that we can ONLY make and ship custom wetsuits order directly from our factory ?? because It is impossible to keep custom made wetsuits in stock in USA.

As we have to ship from our factory, we can ship by Fedex, UPS, DHL. They are all the same express services which are quick and reliable methods. because they can provide tracking and insurance capability.

If we use Fedex or UPS, the shipping cost will be ~$100.00, but if we use DHL, the cost is as Bryan told you, $58.86 because we are using 65% off rate charge from DHL. It will takes around 2-4 days, however we don not warranty delivery time.

As you told us that you don't really need a speedy method, we can use EMS, a local shipping serivce with the cost around $45 (1 week shipping time). however, it won't give you tracking and insurance capability.

As you told me that you bought a lot of things from outside but the shipping cost never is higher than $58.86, I understand your point of view here, you may be right. but pls do understand for us that the shipping cost we gave you is the shipping cost we forwarded to you from the shippers. we don't make up anything on this. Usually, a customer in USA has to pay at least $70 shipping cost for an custom made order to be shipped from our factory. for your order, I see i was very much cheaper because you are going to buy 2 wetsuits.

And, as we are currently out of stock for Laguna bag in USA. it won't be refilled in 30 days, you can order a sahara bag from triple-L.biz or scubal.com to see how much the shipping cost will be. alternatively, you can add a jumpsuit into shopping cart and check out to see how much the shipping will be.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

scubaL Team

Marek K:
But then, sure enough, under Features it says that "[n]icely contoured shoulder straps and the easily adjustable waistband can be stowed into the padded backpack."
Hmmm... Replying to myself... :06:

I just checked the new ScubaL website, and that blurb under Features about "[n]icely contoured shoulder straps and the easily adjustable waistband can be stowed into the padded backpack"...

...is gone.

Looks like the work of ScubaL Team!

Still says under Description, though, that the "'saddle-bags' can [be] transformed into a back pack bag for exceptional mobility." Unless they mean the "saddle bags" can be removed from the Laguna, and stashed in a backpack... but that doesn't make sense either... the "saddle bags" are clearly meant to be carried separately as a carry-on.

Would be nice if Triple-L/ScubaL would clarify.

--Marek

Hi Marek K,

The reply for the Laguna was

No Laguna backstraps or a padded shoulder strap.

There you have it.

TripleL Team,
If you are reading this, please, please make the Laguna lighter, include a padded sholder strap and of course stowaway backpack straps! You'll blow away all the other bags for the price and it would be what we divers really need.

Imagine climbing off a rocking boat onto a slippery jetty and trying to hold onto a huge heavy bag in you hands... not funny!

Cheers,
SangP

SangP:
The reply for the Laguna was

No Laguna backstraps or a padded shoulder strap.

There you have it.
Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that.

SangP:
TripleL Team,
If you are reading this, please, please make the Laguna lighter, include a padded sholder strap and of course stowaway backpack straps! You'll blow away all the other bags for the price and it would be what we divers really need.
You know, I'm afraid that "lighter" and "add padded shoulder and backpack straps" may be contradictory... Plus, the reason the Laguna is so heavy is probably that it's so sturdy. Or vice-versa.

--Marek

Hi Marek K,

Not necessarily so, a well designed/sturdy bag does not need to be heavy. There are many areas you could get away with using lighter materials like linnings and the walls of the bag. Remember this is a scuba bag and not a hard case, it's even better if it is collapsible for storage on live on boards.

All you really need is a good sturdy support for the wheels and the telescoping handle, some padding for the backpack straps and you are almost there. The other design addons are to have the bag stand upright when fully loaded, fin pockets on the outside and maybe a waterproof compartment for some clothes. That's what most of us need anyway, so why make it so heavy in the first place?

SangP

SangP:
a well designed/sturdy bag does not need to be heavy. There are many areas you could get away with using lighter materials [...] it's even better if it is collapsible for storage on live on boards
ANSTAAFB... Ain't no such thing as a free breakfast. Everything's a trade-off. Lighter materials would mean either less durability, or more cost. You're right; this thing will not collapse for a liveaboard... but by the same token I'm certain it'll provide my gear more protection on an airline flight. I don't do live-aboards, so collapsibility isn't a consideration for me.

Weight, of course, is...

And, man... the thing is huge... which means weight right there, and the necessity for structure to support its payload weight.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom