Roller backpack with handle recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really need some help choosing a suitable roller backpack with a Telescoping handle. And would costs about $140.

The ideal bag would be the Stahlsac Dive Cargo Roller Backpack but the price is really way more than I'm willing to pay for.

Anyway, I don't want a huge bag like the Akona AKB 144 or a XS SCuba BG110

Does anyone have anything in mind that would be roughly in this dimension
Dimensions: 25" x 16" x 15" or at most 30" x 16" x 15"
Have a backpack straps, roller wheels and a telescoping handle and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Please help as I've been advised to get either the Akona AKB 244 or the AKB 155 but neither of them is a backpack and the ABK 155 is stuffed with features but it's basically a roller bag without even a strap.

Please help!!!

SangP

I did the search that's why I got even more confused.... Akona, XS Scuba, Stahlsac, TUSA and now High Sierra.

I think that I'm going to get a High Sierra or an Akona. Man I hate these choices.

SangP

If then, I highly recommend High Sierra. The bag price is like the clothes price. Almost 90 % is mark up. Unless you need to show off your bag, why do you pay more only for the brand log stitches?

SangP:
I did the search that's why I got even more confused.... Akona, XS Scuba, Stahlsac, TUSA and now High Sierra.

I think that I'm going to get a High Sierra or an Akona. Man I hate these choices.

SangP

It depends upon how much you are going to use it. If you are going to use it once or twice a year, buy the High Sierra. If you are going to use it once a week then buy something that is more suited for diving. Most dive bags are going to use better stitching and brass zippers just to name a couple of things. If you decide to go with the Akona check out Scubatoys price, I think Akona may be discontinuing that bag.

Hi,

I do understand that Akone makes great bags but here's the problem they don't make one like what I need. Also I'm not quite sure that high sierra bags aren't up to par in most areas compared to Akona. Anyway, I bought a 30" High Sierra Duffle bag and I couldn't be happier with the price $50 including shipping.

Cheers,
SangP

SangP:
Hi,

I do understand that Akone makes great bags but here's the problem they don't make one like what I need. Also I'm not quite sure that high sierra bags aren't up to par in most areas compared to Akona. Anyway, I bought a 30" High Sierra Duffle bag and I couldn't be happier with the price $50 including shipping.

Cheers,
SangP

I had an Akona, the stiching came out and the zipper handles broke off. I've had a "Lands End" duffle bag that has gotten through 25 years of international travel without so much as a sneeze. I turned it into a roller duffer by buying an external cart (actually it was a cart/cooler combo I bought from costco).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom