Roll call for Diving for Science training this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, getting lost is a very good teachable moment. Anyone who says they have never been lost in the middle of those weeds doesn't pee in their wetsuit. Besides, there are some pretty cool little holes that are not on the standard routes divers generally take.

I have never been lost in the middle of those weeds. I no longer pee in my wetsuit. :D Fresh water tastes funny.

Who do we think this was tonight around 4:30 PM?

:popcorn:

Attachments

• dec 12 diving for science DIVER pic volunteering uw.jpg
    dec 12 diving for science DIVER pic volunteering uw.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 53
Given the time and the way the gear is rigged, Peppermintpadi would be my guess. I am constantly amazed that underwater cam is still working.

I have never been lost in the middle of those weeds. I no longer pee in my wetsuit. :D Fresh water tastes funny.

John and me got "lost" in Deep Hole on one dive. We did float enough weeds to fill the stakebed and the only way we could read our guages was to stick them and our masks into the big spring. There were a couple of boats that when over us and the driver swore that there were divers in that muck. All they saw was our bubbles.

Given the time and the way the gear is rigged, Peppermintpadi would be my guess. I am constantly amazed that underwater cam is still working.

Peppermintpaddi didn't have a banana suit on, but given the time it had to be one of the divers in our group. Peppermintpaddi lead and I brought up the rear. I cleaned a bunch of green stuff off the base of the camera today.

After the weekend look at deep hole nice and clean.

Anyone want to provide a report of the weekend? :popcorn:

Attachments

• dec 13 after the clean up deep hole pic.jpg
    dec 13 after the clean up deep hole pic.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 43
I thought we had a really good class, despite the misty and cool weather. I'm looking forward to making a lot of trips down there.

The training area was quite a bit stirred up due to a lot of classes going on over the weekend. I enjoyed the o-course. Has been a while, but no trouble at all. We had a nice couple dives out doing the tours and then doing some cleaning.

Only regret was not doing the class sooner. I have mandatory vacation over the holidays, so I'm looking forward to some diving for science :wink:

did alot of watching this weekend from the surface at aquarena. can't wait to sign up for the next dive for science class! i do have alot of photos from the weekend though
7f24a65df12aad39c6ae92d9c90d7e3c.jpg

brief moment of sunshine
f9db8645f717746ffbf8709d9f18162c.jpg

1d164095ec8463f6e45104b2daf2a958.jpg

Also caught some of the science divers giant stride-ing into the fog

6e178a8e3dc14bd6b7a87d34d0079228.jpg

Who knows the species of this fish, spotted it right outside the training area, "unable to descend" for a moment haha

ee232a370c7f10e4356b384e7599bf31.jpg

Classes everywhere

Was there a 10 step program for not peeing in your wetsuit?
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Only one important one. I whiffed it one day out on the back deck. Threw it away and have held it ever since. Almost knocked me over it was so bad. The deck head and shower help too. Now I go right before diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom